THC during tapering

[Ma...]

Martineka, what I've found is that TCH does NOT "calm things down before bed". But CBD does. Indica makes you a little mellow and produces "couch lock" but I wouldn't say it calms anything down. Sativa is to be avoided  before bed as it revs you up (or at least it did me).

I've had years of experimenting with mj -- first as a pain reliever for my broken tailbone (indica), later as a nausea-prevention/appetite-inducing aid (indica) and most recently as a sleep-inducer (CBD).  I get my CBD from an online dispensary in FL (great prices) and make my own tinctures and edibles. I like edibles because the go-to-sleep aspect of CBD comes on gradually so I can read in bed, then get deliciously sleepy.

There's an interesting study I read recently pointing out that a large dose of CBD (either 300 mg or 600 mg) works best for sleep. Ppl make the mistake of taking too little CBD imo -- 15 or 25 mgs -- and get discouraged because it does not do what they want it to. When I increased my dose of CBD I slept a lot better. These smaller doses DO promote relaxation, I've found and I often take a smaller dose when I feel a little anxious and want to chill to music in the p.m. I guess a 15 or 25 mg dose of CBD might "calm things down" for you before bed.

Just be aware that CBD will lower your blood pressure . . so if you have low bp anyhow, it may not be for you. Or it may be . . . you'll have to experiment.

I certainly agree with picklepickle!

Feel free to PM me  if you want specific info . . . the FL dispensary's website . . . my tincture/gummi bear recipe.

Best,

Katz

Hi,

I’ve heard CBD is best to be brought up in your system for it to really work well.  I’ve tried off and on for a few years. Fortunately i have high blood pressure so a little relief from that will be good.:))

Martineka, what does this mean?

brought up in your system

Do you mean it needs to build up/accumulate? I've never read that, nor have I experienced it. Do you have a reference? I'm interested, being a student of medicinal CBD.  :)

Thanx!

Katz

I spoke to my doctor about it and I have friends that studied the science of medical marijuana and CDB.  What I’m saying is that what I’ve been told is to start off with low CBD and work up so that your system gets used to a higher dose and assimilates.  -not overkill of course- although I’ve never seen a study where someone has OD’d.

And from what I’ve been told as you build up your dose the benefits start happening . 

I’ve tried it more than once, to build up CBD but honestly, I kept forgetting about it for days and weeks at a time.

I know many people that swear by CBD and THC, it’s just never really been my thing.  I’m experimenting a little now with THC, indica for sleeping (small amounts) and its working out well but I’m also aware things have a way of catching up with us during the tapering process.

I guess it's reasonable to start out with anything at a low rate and see what happens.

But it's just not necessary for your system to "assimilate" CBD. It's not like a benzo . . . it doesn't need to build up in your system.

What IS true is that at lower doses you might not experience the effects you wish for -- relaxation, sleepiness -- but this is a function of the strength of the individual dose (25 mgs, 100 mgs, 300 mgs . . .whatever), NOT of "build up". CBD clears your system in about 3 hours. The reason I like it is that there's no "hangover" in the morning (indica gave me a bit of a hangover). It clears your system and is gone. The "benefits" start happening from the moment you smoke (if you smoke) or about an hour after you eat an edible.

To reiterate: you do not need to "build up" CDB (or indica or staiva) in your system for it to work. 

Anyhow, good luck,

Katz

Good information to know, thank you.

I’ve tried gummies and they last a long time- about 5 hours.  Sleep wise, indica seems to be doing ok with no hangover

THC slows GABBA to spike dopamine. You do NOT want to hamper your GABA or receptor growth. Depending on your anxiety tolerance, maybe the dopamine concept is taking an edge off for you which is interesting. 

Conversely, CBD (legal plant/raw to be affordable) - CBD has been studied and showed to encourage GABA and receptor growth/repair.  Consider the balance to THC and CBD. 

I actually just mentioned it in a post I made tonight.  CBDA - precursor, not heated, turns to CBD. They are saying CBDA raw may be much more bio-available possibly. 

My prescription ran out because my psychiatrist is an arrogant tool.  All I had left was 1/6 of my daily dose for what will be 4 days.  But, I am taking 300mg of real plant CBD per dose roughly twice a day.  It’s NOT a cure but somehow I’m …. Ok!