hello from spain!

[on...]

hello everyone, I am a 39-year-old man from Spain… I want to stop taking Ativan safely, I have been taking 0.5 every afternoon for 3 months… the doctor says to reduce it to 0.25 for one week and quit….  but it doesn't seem right to me, I want to leave it in the best way possible, greetings to all!

Hello, onecolor21 - Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

We are so glad you decided to join the forum - you'll find plenty of information and support here. Our members have gone through all aspects of benzodiazepine use and withdrawal, so you'll be able to connect with others who understand what you're going through and can tell you what has worked for them.

Please feel free to post to any of the specialized boards, which can all be accessed from the BenzoBuddies Community Forum homepage. Based on the information provided in your introduction, the following links may be a good starting place for you:

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

General Taper Plans

Withdrawal Support During Your Taper

For those who are currently tapering, some folks suggest reducing no faster than 5-10% every 10-14 days, and some taper even slower than that. One exception: very short-term users of a few weeks or less may be able to taper faster than that.