Author Topic: RIDICULOUS DOCTOR QUOTES---ADD YOURS HERE  (Read 10013 times)

[Buddie]

Re: RIDICULOUS DOCTOR QUOTES---ADD YOURS HERE
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 04:56:36 pm »
My 68 year old mother recently went to the doctor fora sinus infection.

While she was there she told the doctor that she is stressed out because of a situation she is dealing with concerning her mother who is 97 years old.

The doctor said "Oh, I will write you a prescription for xanax".

My mother looked at him and said "Isn't that a benzo?"

The doctor looked at her and was astonished that she knew what  it was and answered " Yes, it is."

She said "my daughter was on them and has been terribly sick for a long time.  They are horribly addictive !!"

The doctor said " Yes , they are ." 

My mother said "  Then why are you giving them to me? "

He could not answer that question.   She now understood the world of benzo pushing doctors and how we get addicted.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2011, 06:13:12 pm »

While she was there she told the doctor that she is stressed out because of a situation she is dealing with concerning her mother who is 97 years old.

The doctor looked at her and was astonished that she knew what  it was and answered " Yes, it is."

She said "my daughter was on them and has been terribly sick for a long time.  They are horribly addictive !!"

He could not answer that question.   She now understood the world of benzo pushing doctors and how we get addicted.

Wow great example!! Left the doctor speechless! I Love it!! See some good does come out of our suffering your mother was saved from this EVIL drug!! that is a blessing!!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2011, 01:11:12 am »

Unbelieveable. This should be criminal!!!! I don't understand how it is not. Thank goodness your Mother knew all about it and was able to avoid this poison.

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2011, 02:06:39 am »

Hilarious thread!

Me ... "You do realize, don't you, that after taking Valium for several years on a daily basis, going off a low dose will cause the same withdrawal syndrome as going off a high dose ..."

Doc ... "Well now let's not make a big deal out of it, just break [...] up in pieces and taper [...] down for a week or so, and go off, they're only 2 mg Valium pills, after all ..."

Me ... "Doctor, have you ever taken benzos yourself ..."

Doc ... "Actually, no I haven't ..."

Me ... "Hmm, I didn't think so ..."

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2011, 02:58:13 am »
"they gave me 1mg clonazepam before my surgery. i rather enjoyed it."

"reduce by .125 every 3-5 days, if you need to put some more under your tongue because it's too soon, that's ok"

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2011, 01:05:56 am »
When I went in to discuss how I had unknowingly become addicted to Ativan he says...

"Well you know Brett Farve is addicted to pain pills don't you?" As if I just entered into some elite group or something!  :idiot:

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2011, 03:57:50 am »
I have one to add too. After my doctor said it was fine to cold turkey xanax and I was extremely ill and confused and calling him and asking for help, he told me to "Quit acting like Michael Jackson and get it together".  Yup I am not making that one up unfortunately!
Oh my gosh! He said that?   >:(

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2011, 03:58:18 am »

CW,

A good response to your doctor could have been..."Quit acting like Micheal Jackon's doctor." :)

[...]
That is so good!  :laugh: :laugh:

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2011, 04:00:32 pm »
this is thread is actually a bit depressing.

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2011, 04:26:20 pm »

I find this thread..humorous..yet sad all at the same time....:)

[...]