Author Topic: RIDICULOUS DOCTOR QUOTES---ADD YOURS HERE  (Read 10012 times)

[Buddie]

Re: RIDICULOUS DOCTOR QUOTES---ADD YOURS HERE
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 09:24:00 am »
I love this thread....

Me. I am so scared having strange sensations I think i'm tapering to quickly.

Dr. No it's your anxiety all in your head you are not going thru benzo WD. YOu wer't on it long enough and your MG's was low...I can put you in inpatient have u off the drug in a few days

Me. PLease don't i'm almost finished w/ the taper please let me finish yyou will never see me again

Dr. OK
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 01:34:14 pm »

CW,

A good response to your doctor could have been..."Quit acting like Micheal Jackon's doctor." :)

[...]

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 03:44:55 pm »
when talking about Ashton and her method and everything in the Manual my Pdoc said

*But That's in England*

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 04:08:08 pm »
Have heard all of these except the Michael Jackson one!

Another one...

Me:  "Even my husband is very concerned about all of this"

Doctor:  "That's because you keep complaining to him"

Another one...

When telling the doctor about agitation in withdrawal he says

"So how long have you had these up and down episodes of mania and depression--since you were a child?" (the typical "you're bipolar" argument)

Me:  "Even though I've been in communication with hundreds of people around the world going through this, I'm blowing this way out of proportion?"
Doc:  "Stay off the internet...there's too many kooks out there"

Doc in ER:  "You know there's something called the "fight or flight" syndrome, but you have to learn how to relax and control it or you'll be a drug addict your whole life"  Thanks Doogie Howser

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011, 04:37:59 pm »

I think Doogie Howser was much smarter than my former doctor...:) thats right former....cause he is FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRED!

Sorry, I just wanted to say that. :)

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 10:39:13 pm »
I see a lot of doctors who shouldn't be practicing medicine  ::)

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 01:20:00 am »
GREAT THREAD IDEA!! :thumbsup:

Me: "I need help tapering off this adivan"
Doctor:"you have not been on long..you can just stop taking it alot of people do."
Me: "Yeah, and suffer tremendously!!"
Doctor: "Well, No pain no gain!!!"

Doctors are mean!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 01:23:58 am »
Oh and have to add

Me: "Pull up this link to the manual online"

Doctor pulls up the Ashton manual and give an annoyed rolling eyes smirk.

Doctor: "Oh its a UK site, figures."

Like just because it is from the UK it makes it meaningless?? GRRRRR

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 01:37:25 am »
LAST ONE I PROMISE!! hehe  this is the previous doctor I was working with after I unknowingly Ct.

I called him as I was still not stable off a  higher dose he prescribed me as I was not taking them regularly like he instructed and just finally found this sight the night before found out this whole ordeal was benzo withdrawal. and called him to talk about tapering.

Me: I finally found out the problem! I have been taking adivan for 4-5 as needed and stopped and realized that what caused this.
Doctor: you call too much, you cannot be calling me this much.
Me: I would like to talk to you about tapering off of this or crossing to valium.
Doctor: I have only met you twice I have no idea who you are and what you are doing with all these drugs I have been prescribing you! I will not be prescribing you anything else from now on!

Let me just note that Yes I was calling alot and the doctor was charging me $50 per call! but I was a wreck and in c/t interdose withdrawals and thought I was going crazy. I attempted many times to make an appointment and he insisted that doing call consults was best so it was not MY fault he only met me twice.. Over these phone consults he had faxed out several prescriptions for different anti-depressants, Ambian one time (which I never filled) I never once asked for more benzos until i found out I needed to taper.. by him saying "I dont know what your doing with all these drugs I'm prescribing you" I so badly wanted to say "what you think I'm slinging my zoloft pills on the streets for money, cuz you know a/d's are the new thing now right??" LOL

Lets just say I never once spoke to him again and when I am well I plan to write a very long letter about how upset he made me and treating me like a drug seeker!

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 08:53:54 am »
Yes, this is an awesome thread.  I don't mean to laugh, but I totally LOLed through this whole thing.  Docs are sooooo not smart.  So I had been on klonopin for like a few months and then I stopped and I of course started having withdrawals, so I called my doc and he said, "OH, no that's just your anxiety.  It's already been a whole week, the medicine is out of your system by now."  Sure.  He still reinstated me.  Then he quit his family practice rather suddenly and refused to fill my prescription for my antidepressants one more time before I got to a new doc... like it was my fault I was a drug addict!  And wasn't he the one that told me whatever I do DON'T stop the antidepressants all at once???  I don't get doctors.  Wow.. that one about Michael Jackson is just crazy.  They really can be cruel at times.