Author Topic: RIDICULOUS DOCTOR QUOTES---ADD YOURS HERE  (Read 10011 times)

[Buddie]

RIDICULOUS DOCTOR QUOTES---ADD YOURS HERE
« on: January 11, 2011, 11:56:23 pm »
If it weren't so sad, frustrating, expensive, demoralizing and humiliating, these might actually be funny.

Post your "favorite" quote from a physician who, regardless of his/her credentials, is totally clueless about benzo usage, tolerance, tapering, withdrawal, post acute withdrawal, kindling effect and protracted withdrawal.

Mine from today (an "addictionologist"):

"You'd feel better if you weren't so hypervigilant"
"You really need to stay off the internet"
"You only really have withdrawal if you go from, say 8 mg. of klonopin down to nothing in a day"
"You're very clearly agitated so I recommend an antipsychotic"

Not making light of anyone's suffering, because I truly want to scream about my own
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: RIDICULOUS DOCTOR QUOTES---ADD YOURS HERE
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 12:10:43 am »

Oh I like this thread. I have one to add.

When I told my doctor that I was having some side effects from the Klonopin after being on for a few weeks and I pointed out that I had highlighted them on the medical literature that comes with the prescription he said...

"You won't get those"

Then there was this line..when I said that I wanted to stop taking Klonopin...

"If you do, your anxiety will return"

The funny thing about this one is, I have never had anxiety in my life....I was put on K for sleep issues.

When I reminded the doc of this..his comment was.. "Oh, you are right." Then he changed the subject.

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 01:06:30 am »
Me... "Dr, I think I am getting addicted to all these meds"?
Dr...  "Yes that can happen and so I suggest you continue your medicine" WTF!! :idiot:

Me..."Dr, please don't prescribe anymore Clonazepam or Hydrocodone, I want to quit!"
Dr... "I don't suggest that, going off your meds will result in terrible withdrawls"

Me... "Dr, I mean it! I want no more medicine, please help me stop all this"
Dr... "Ok, I need to see you back in a month"

A week before every visit, I always give a blood sample for lab work to check my system. This time I notice there is no paper work in which to schedule my lab work prior to my next visit. I ask the doctor and he says "nah, we don't need to do the lab/blood this next time 'cause your system checks out just fine right now and besides you want to quit your meds and that will change your results" Again, WTF!!!!!!!!!!  :tickedoff:

As I walk out, the frickin' nurse comes up and hands me a script for 90 1.0mg clonazepam w/1 refill, and 120 5/500mg hydrocodone w/1 refill.
GOOD GOD! Is this guy really a MD??  :-\

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 01:07:43 am »
I have one to add too. After my doctor said it was fine to cold turkey xanax and I was extremely ill and confused and calling him and asking for help, he told me to "Quit acting like Michael Jackson and get it together".  Yup I am not making that one up unfortunately!

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 01:16:55 am »

CW,

A good response to your doctor could have been..."Quit acting like Micheal Jackon's doctor." :)

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 01:24:31 am »
"Westerners are too assertive"

"If you die, of course nobody will care"

"You should go back to your own country, you need a transplant"

"You don't even know what the words I use mean"

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 01:30:39 am »
Me: I don't want to increase the xanax, I want to decrease it. I think my body has become dependent on it.

Doctor: Why are you always worrying about getting addicted? I can have you off the xanax in five days no problem. Just try the increased dose to see if it helps.

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 01:32:07 am »
When I said I didn't want to be on four different meds: "You know, you don't get into heaven based on the number of meds you take."  (Gee, no, doc?)

When I said I wanted to taper Klon using the Ashton Method: "Forget that.  I can get you off 3 mgs. of clonazepam in a month!  Two tops!"  (Yeah, in some padded room somewhere!)

And, of course, the usual: "Well, if you were a diabetic, you'd take your insulin, right?"  (Yeah, like my body NEEDS Klonopin to live...)

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 04:14:35 am »

CW,

A good response to your doctor could have been..."Quit acting like Micheal Jackon's doctor." :)

[...]

:laugh:  lol@ [...] - that's hilarious!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 04:40:10 am »
You got all of that in one visit?!!!!!!!  Oh.  My.  God.

You have to admit, though, the level of stupidity exhibited is a smidge funny.  Sorry it had to happen to you.  Sigh.  Time for a new doctor.

Hang in there, [...].  We're all gunning for you. 

--[...]