So close, then screwed up taper!

[Th...]

So, after learning about micro-tapering, I began to micro taper very slowly. I stabilized, became functional and have had very few symptoms. (I suffered a great deal in the beginning when I was tapering way too quickly. Micro tapering has been a huge blessing!). I was doing great UNTIL I messed up my taper. On June 1st, I accidentally took my 0.070mg dose TWICE! I had hoped that it would not affect my tapering, so continued to taper slowly. On the 8th, I started to have more intense withdrawal symptoms. Not as terrible as they were in the very beginning, but the tight muscles are back, the constant tight feeling in my throat (although not as bad as it once was), fatigue, anxiousness. All symptoms that I haven’t experienced in a while bc I’ve been tapering so slowly. I thought that I was out of the woods and that the second dose wasn’t going to affect me, but i should have known that such a vicious drug wouldn’t allow me such luck. It got me 7 days later! Seems like it would’ve been a issue earlier than that? Anyway, this is day 4 of more intense withdrawal symptoms after screwing up my dose that once. I am holding dose now hoping to stabilize so that I can then continue to micro-taper. Wondering if I should updose a tick or two? Or just hold out until these symptoms pass. I literally despise these symptoms so much! Anyone else have an experience like this? Were you able to stabilize after? It seems that this drug still has me in its clutches so tightly even at this low dose! ☹️

Oh my gosh that is so crazy.  Have you changed anything else like eating something different.  Just throwing this out there...those symptoms are wd but I have found out that a histamine problem can cause the same symptoms.  Its a shame we have to be on the lookout for any and everything.  I am so sorry you are having such a hard time.  I looked at your signature again it seems you reduced quite a bit for a few weeks maybe your cuts have just caught up with you and holding until you feel better will help a lot.

:hug:

Updosing seems to be a mixed bag - some say it helps and some say don't bother.  I updosed once and I didn't notice any appreciable symtom relief but I had been in tolerance for quite a while before I began tapering so benzos had already been losing their effectiveness for me - maybe 'tolerance' is the explanation for why some people get relief from updosing and some don't.

I do expect that eventually things will settle down for you and you can proceed on to the finish line.

Dianedeedee,

Interesting, I don’t really know anything about histamine intolerance. Can withdrawal cause that? I have been doing keto for the last three weeks, but eating pretty basic foods that I’ve always eaten. I’ve lost 10lbs the last three weeks in addition to the 10 lbs that I lost during the too fast withdrawal stages. 20 lbs down! I’d like to lose another 10! I feel like focusing on losing weight helps me not to focus/stress so much on the withdrawal.

I’ve been getting these crazy rashes ever since my withdrawal started. I itch to death! Starting to feel like I’m going to be itchy the rest of my life! I hate it! I have noticed that that if I drink liquid iv for extra electrolytes, my throat gets tighter…I stopped drinking it thinking that I’m allergic to it! I wonder if that could be histamine intolerance. Also bananas…I’ve never been allergic to bananas ever, but now they make my throat tight, so I don’t eat them anymore. I’m going to see what info I can find on this. If it is histamine intolerance, how do I rectify the problem? I’m literally clueless…thank you so much for your help! I appreciate it so much! In the mean time, I’m going to hold…

Kate08

I guess I’ll try to stick it out and not updose. I’d sure hate to do it and not get relief. I can’t wait to be done with this drug! I’m ready to never think about it again! I think I’ll hold dose this week to see if things improve some. And then hopefully be able to continue on. I really want to be done. Thanks so much for your response! I appreciate you!

Kate08

I guess I’ll try to stick it out and not updose. I’d sure hate to do it and not get relief. I can’t wait to be done with this drug! I’m ready to never think about it again! I think I’ll hold dose this week to see if things improve some. And then hopefully be able to continue on. I really want to be done. Thanks so much for your response! I appreciate you!

You are welcome and I hope you can avoid updosing and proceed on with your taper when you feel ready.    :thumbsup:

So, after learning about micro-tapering, I began to micro taper very slowly. I stabilized, became functional and have had very few symptoms. (I suffered a great deal in the beginning when I was tapering way too quickly. Micro tapering has been a huge blessing!). I was doing great UNTIL I messed up my taper. On June 1st, I accidentally took my 0.070mg dose TWICE! I had hoped that it would not affect my tapering, so continued to taper slowly. On the 8th, I started to have more intense withdrawal symptoms. Not as terrible as they were in the very beginning, but the tight muscles are back, the constant tight feeling in my throat (although not as bad as it once was), fatigue, anxiousness. All symptoms that I haven’t experienced in a while bc I’ve been tapering so slowly. I thought that I was out of the woods and that the second dose wasn’t going to affect me, but i should have known that such a vicious drug wouldn’t allow me such luck. It got me 7 days later! Seems like it would’ve been a issue earlier than that? Anyway, this is day 4 of more intense withdrawal symptoms after screwing up my dose that once. I am holding dose now hoping to stabilize so that I can then continue to micro-taper. Wondering if I should updose a tick or two? Or just hold out until these symptoms pass. I literally despise these symptoms so much! Anyone else have an experience like this? Were you able to stabilize after? It seems that this drug still has me in its clutches so tightly even at this low dose! ☹️

I'd tough it out unless it becomes unbearable.  Btw, I like your snail's pace.  You successfully broke thru the 0.125 mg wall that is troublesome to many. In your ,signature for the month of May, did you keep that same slow reduction?

Dianedeedee,

Interesting, I don’t really know anything about histamine intolerance. Can withdrawal cause that? I have been doing keto for the last three weeks, but eating pretty basic foods that I’ve always eaten. I’ve lost 10lbs the last three weeks in addition to the 10 lbs that I lost during the too fast withdrawal stages. 20 lbs down! I’d like to lose another 10! I feel like focusing on losing weight helps me not to focus/stress so much on the withdrawal.

I’ve been getting these crazy rashes ever since my withdrawal started. I itch to death! Starting to feel like I’m going to be itchy the rest of my life! I hate it! I have noticed that that if I drink liquid iv for extra electrolytes, my throat gets tighter…I stopped drinking it thinking that I’m allergic to it! I wonder if that could be histamine intolerance. Also bananas…I’ve never been allergic to bananas ever, but now they make my throat tight, so I don’t eat them anymore. I’m going to see what info I can find on this. If it is histamine intolerance, how do I rectify the problem? I’m literally clueless…thank you so much for your help! I appreciate it so much! In the mean time, I’m going to hold…

Hi Bee,

I would say wd has a  big hand in messing with histamine like it does everything else.  Congratulations on your weight loss I'm sure it helps occupy your mind from benzos.  I've lost 45+ pounds from wd I have developed a fear of eating its hard to overcome.  Oh yes I've read of others having rashes I'm sure it will go away once the poison is out of your system but I know it is miserable now.  I'm finding out that alot of foods and even smells bother me too that I never had a problem with.  The only thing I have found to help is eating low histamine foods, sometimes an antihistamine might help.  Histamine symptoms and benzo wd symptoms seem to mimic each other its just crazy!  You are so welcome I'm just now finding out what I can about histamine.  I downloaded an app called FIG that helps identify what foods have histamine.  Also you will find that many sights will contradict each other on what is high and what isn't.  Like benzo wd its all a stinking guessing game.  I hope holding will help.

😊

I'd tough it out unless it becomes unbearable.  Btw, I like your snail's pace.  You successfully broke thru the 0.125 mg wall that is troublesome to many. In your ,signature for the month of May, did you keep that same slow reduction?

Rocknroll,

Thank you! Yes! I do a micro-taper on days Monday-Friday then hold every Saturday and Sunday each week. Micro tapering has been a huge blessing for me! If I would taper that same amount weekly, but once instead of over 5 micro tapers, I’d have such awful symptoms. With micro tapering, I’ve been functional with very little symptoms. It’s truly amazing what a difference micro-tapering has been for me. Of course, the double dose screwed it up, but hoping that’ll work itself out very soon.

Dianedeedee,

Hi Bee,

I would say wd has a  big hand in messing with histamine like it does everything else.  Congratulations on your weight loss I'm sure it helps occupy your mind from benzos.  I've lost 45+ pounds from wd I have developed a fear of eating its hard to overcome.  Oh yes I've read of others having rashes I'm sure it will go away once the poison is out of your system but I know it is miserable now.  I'm finding out that alot of foods and even smells bother me too that I never had a problem with.  The only thing I have found to help is eating low histamine foods, sometimes an antihistamine might help.  Histamine symptoms and benzo wd symptoms seem to mimic each other its just crazy!  You are so welcome I'm just now finding out what I can about histamine.  I downloaded an app called FIG that helps identify what foods have histamine.  Also you will find that many sights will contradict each other on what is high and what isn't.  Like benzo wd its all a stinking guessing game.  I hope holding will help.

😊

Diane,

Wow! 45 lbs! That’s fantastic! Of course, that’s only fantastic if you had excess that you needed to lose? I had a good 30 that I needed to lose, before I started losing so definitely a good thing for me. It’s terrible that you have now developed a fear of eating. It’s hard enough dealing with withdrawal, much less having to fear the foods that you eat. I’m so sorry and hope that you are able to overcome that fear very soon! 🙏🏼

I am going to read a good bit about histamine intolerance today and implement low histamine foods as well. It truly is wild how much benzos affect our bodies and on so many different levels! Can’t wait to be done with it for good!

Wishing you all the best with your tapering!