Poor coordination/ balance @ month 15?

[...]

Don’t really have to deal with this much in withdrawal so far. Had an increase in this sxs

Since starting month 15. Feel like I’m being pushed over I tip over pretty easily. What’s going on ? It startled with my period being late for no reason just some stress and pms been like 25 days long which is more like pmdd for me now. I get an increase in withdrawal but The problems with balance is kinda throwing me off. My hands and arms feel jelly like too. Sometimes I look drunk trying to walk  bc of it.

Is it normal for this to change in month 15

Just need some reassurance this  :'(

Gstc,

I have also have had (and continue to do so) some problems with balance.  At times my hands and arms feel like jelly. Yeah, sometimes it must look like am drunk trying to walk. Very hard to coordinate - feels like I cannot control my movements - must look very weird to someone who is looking at me.

Muscle pain/tightness/coordination issues have been my number one symptom since I quite valium over 20 months ago. 

What helps me is gentle swimming and even floating in a pool.  I usually feel like a different person after 30-60 mins swimming (unfortunately this does not last very long).

Wishing us all a speedy recovery.

Gstc,

I have also have had (and continue to do so) some problems with balance.  At times my hands and arms feel like jelly. Yeah, sometimes it must look like am drunk trying to walk. Very hard to coordinate - feels like I cannot control my movements - must look very weird to someone who is looking at me.

Muscle pain/tightness/coordination issues have been my number one symptom since I quite valium over 20 months ago. 

What helps me is gentle swimming and even floating in a pool.  I usually feel like a different person after 30-60 mins swimming (unfortunately this does not last very long).

Wishing us all a speedy recovery.

Thank you it’s so good to hear I’m not alone I’m sorry you’re struggling with it. I didn’t have this until last couple of weeks. I mean I’ve been klutzy since getting on Benzos but like I didn’t know it could change up at 15 months.

My stuff is usually mental :,)

I hope you’re improving thank you for letting me know how it effects you. I wish I had a pool to float in that sounds nice right about now too :,)

Yes, benzodiazepines and Z-drugs can cause balance issue while on them, during the withdrawal period and in the post-withdrawal period as well. As most of us found out the hard way, they are not meant for long-term use because they have all kinds of central nervous system side effects, including balance problems. They are somewhat like alcohol in terms of their effects on balance because they work on the same neurotransmitter -- gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) -- as alcohol does. So, that stereotypical "drunken walk" and feelings of rocking, swaying, bobbing, floating and disequilibrium are quite common.

Not everyone gets it, of course, but for those who do, it can be pretty debilitating. Dr. Heather Ashton mentions it in her Ashton Manual, so you might want to have a look at that. I hope yours won't be too long-lasting or debilitating, but if you need a cane or walker to stay safe, then that might be an option. Take care!

I get this for sure. I've had some form of it since jumping though. It will sometimes disappear for weeks/months and briefly come back. From what I have been told, it is not as visible as I assumed. As long as I'm not falling down the stairs, I'm not too worried about it at this point.