relapse

[ja...]

after abusing benzos for 2 years managed to get benzo free for 2 years! but relapsed at christmas having being fed up at still having ranging headaches and genaral feeling sick, got myself down to 10mg diazepam from docter hope to get myself down to 5mg or even 2mg then im going to re asses as i can not handle thest withdrwals as it seems goes on forever

Hello jamesbenzo1976, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I'm sorry to hear you had to reinstate but this is common, sometimes it takes more than once to finally rid ourselves of this drug.  What is your taper rate this time, are you going slow enough to keep yourself functional?  We typically suggest reducing by about 5-10% every couple of weeks or whatever your symptoms allow.

We'll be happy to support you as you do this, please let us know how we can help.

Pamster

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

The Ashton Manual

iv already gone from 6 mg clonzepam and xanax mixed up , went cold turkey for 1 week and thort this feeling can not be benzos as i can sleep but feel horrible so only one way to find out is take a benzo wich was 2x10 diazepam and 2 x 2mg clonapin and slept and woke to find the porley feeling had gone, saw docter a week ago and he perscibed 10mg diazepam and wants me to try drop 1 mg a month but will have a monthly docters appointment to check if im ready to drop 1mg dont think i will be but want to get stable on 5mg couse i can not live the rest of my life feeling good one week thinking iv got though it then the next week boooom its back! im 46 and hate to think of more years withwrawal thanks jamesbenzo

It takes a long time to recover from this and its not a linear recovery as you've found, we sometimes take one step forward and two back.  I'm glad to hear you've got a doctor who will help you taper slowly.

Hi James and welcome. Question? The two years you were benzo free, did you have periods of feeling well or did you feel crummy the entire two years you were off, became discouraged, and started using benzos again?