Author Topic: Anger - when will this symptom go away  (Read 152 times)

[Buddie]

Anger - when will this symptom go away
« on: June 10, 2022, 09:45:45 am »
I definitely cannot handle stress right now.  But if I get angry  My face kind of contorts. My voice changes.   

Itís ok to get mad once in awhile but itís this over reaction to a situation that quite surprising.

How long does this symptom last?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 06:59:44 pm by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Anger - when will this symptom go away
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2022, 09:51:35 am »
It occurred to me as I neared the end of my taper that I no longer had benzos to rely on as a coping tool and I needed to work on new ways to handle life because 'life' is going to happen whether I liked it or not.  If you haven't done so already, perhaps you need to begin doing some work in this area?  I've found it really pays off. 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2022, 10:00:54 am »
My personality is to be easy going and not to really argue with other people.  Thatís why this symptom is so troublesome. 

« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 11:03:22 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2022, 09:07:34 pm »
I've seen a lot of people talk about anger. It's hard but I think it's important to not beat yourself up about it. Like you said this isn't you. It will go away. For now you can just do the best you can.