Insomnia/Anxiety

[Wa...]

Looking for help-reassurance.. 20 years of 1mg Xanax every day for racing thoughts and trouble sleeping.  Did a 2 week taper then stopped (by advice from my pcp).... I am 17 days with no Xanax.  Physical issues have let up and my body feels great except for some gastro distress. All the aches & pains and inflammation I’ve been dealing with for years have disappeared.  For that I’m thankful..  But I can’t sleep and have anxiety and intrusive thoughts... any help please....

Its wonderful to hear some of your physical issues have let up, when I stopped Ambien mine went away too, I couldn't sleep but I almost didn't care because I felt so much better.  Its amazing how much misery these drugs cause even while we're taking them. 

It takes a long time for sleep to return and the best thing you can do is accept this, fighting for it, chasing it, fretting over the lack of it won't help, letting it come to you is.  I'm sorry we can't offer you more than this but recovery seems to only happen with time.  This post offers a lot of tips to help you get through this.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=235100.0