significant backlash from stress and antidepressants!so scared

[Ni...]

I am now 41 months off benzo(diazapam/valium) and i went pretty good 3 weeks ago i felt a little progress in my healing but than we got news that my mom is diagnosis with what appears to be cancer a day after i receive the news my withdrawal symptoms were back hardcore i felt I felt sick and nauseous my body (muscles) hurt a lot again My anxiety and fears also increased extremely.

that same week I had to take blood and a little later I got the result that my liver function is extremely high because of my medicines Duloxetine (Cymbalta) so now I have to talk to the psychiatrist to start tapering off the drugs

because of what I've been through and still experience daily because of the benzo I'm terrified to cut this off reduce again all that misery I don't know if I can still handle this.

and thoughts are constantly going around in my head I have been taking this drug (duloxetine a.k.a cymbalta) for almost 4 years how bad will this have damaged my liver as I have never been tested for the values ​​in the blood during use until now

and will my liver heal from this.

because of these fears I no longer take paracetamol (acetaminophen) I took this daily to dampen the pain in my muscles

now the pain is extreme can't do anmything but stay indoors.

I don't understand why life has to be so bad after all the misery I've had for the past 5 years because of benzo

I just can't believe it

every time I think I'll get there finally things get a little better something happens and the withdrawal symptoms are right back to destroy my life

I really don't know where to get the strength to survive all this again I'm really scared

i can only pray it gets less bad than what i think and hope it will all be over soon and all will be well with both me and my mom

I so sorry to hear about your mom's diagnosis, I can understand why your symptoms ramped up, and to top it off you've got medical issues of your own!  Do the doctors attribute your liver problems to the acetaminophen, I've read it can hurt the liver too.

I can see you're overwhelmed, I hope you can get more answers so you can come to terms with your mom's diagnosis and your own, sometimes we just need some time to let it sink in so we can find the courage to get through it.

I'm so sorry. Bad news def can affect symptoms.

I'm off all meds. I was polydrugged. You can do this. It may be rough again but if you got through it before you can do it again.

Bc of your liver just never drink alcohol and be aware of all meds that may affect your liver.

For pain reduce added sugars bc it causes inflammation. If you can drink ginger tea it is amazing for pain. Its the only thing I can take.

Best wishes,

Trina

• 4 weeks later...

I am now 41 months off benzo(diazapam/valium) and i went pretty good 3 weeks ago i felt a little progress in my healing but than we got news that my mom is diagnosis with what appears to be cancer a day after i receive the news my withdrawal symptoms were back hardcore i felt I felt sick and nauseous my body (muscles) hurt a lot again My anxiety and fears also increased extremely.

that same week I had to take blood and a little later I got the result that my liver function is extremely high because of my medicines Duloxetine (Cymbalta) so now I have to talk to the psychiatrist to start tapering off the drugs

because of what I've been through and still experience daily because of the benzo I'm terrified to cut this off reduce again all that misery I don't know if I can still handle this.

and thoughts are constantly going around in my head I have been taking this drug (duloxetine a.k.a cymbalta) for almost 4 years how bad will this have damaged my liver as I have never been tested for the values ​​in the blood during use until now

and will my liver heal from this.

because of these fears I no longer take paracetamol (acetaminophen) I took this daily to dampen the pain in my muscles

now the pain is extreme can't do anmything but stay indoors.

I don't understand why life has to be so bad after all the misery I've had for the past 5 years because of benzo

I just can't believe it

every time I think I'll get there finally things get a little better something happens and the withdrawal symptoms are right back to destroy my life

I really don't know where to get the strength to survive all this again I'm really scared

i can only pray it gets less bad than what i think and hope it will all be over soon and all will be well with both me and my mom

I can only say yes, cymbalta withdrawals can be a bitch.

But most people don't know anything about tapering. So a lot of posts of horrible withdrawals are the CT and rapid tapers.

So go slow and stick with the 10% every 4-6weeks.

See it from the bright side, if maybe the Cymbalta is (also) causing your body instability maybe it's not all benzo related, as i thought earlier when i read your story. Antidepressants are not harmless at all, and can cause many symptom too. Maybe if the cymbalta is tapered, and yes it will take some time but maybe afterwards you will finally see improvements because neurotoxins are gone and the brain and body can work finally back to homeostasis

But please go slow. The slower the better with Cymbalta.

Stay strong