11 days since jumping, severe back and shoulder pain

[Tr...]

Hello everyone,

Here I am 11 days off of Klonopin. I got down to .23mg and decided to get off for good. Initially my most major symptom was really poor sleep which I can say I am still going through. However my back and shoulders have become increasingly more painful to the point where it’s a constant very aggressive pain. It almost feels like back muscles are cramping but when I go to stretch or move around it actually gets worse. I thought I was dehydrated but I’ve been drinking a lot of fluids so I don’t think that’s the case. How is it possible to have such crazy physical pain from the meds? I’m not totally sure what to do but this is very debilitating.

I am beyond exhausted. Any input would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

I'm sorry for your pain.  It's so hard. I had a lot of shoulder, neck and back pain in the earlier days of withdrawal.  I'm 1 year off now and the pain has improved so much. If you can keep a warm wrap on your neck and shoulders (I used a microwavable one and later got a batter charged one) it can help relax the muscles a little.  Your muscles are tense and hurting because they are accustomed to being relaxed by the medication.  I remember it being so hard to cope with so I am sympathetic. But it will get better! It will. 

Benzos are good muscle relaxers. When you stop taking them, you get a rebound in muscle tension that you don't really have any conscious control over. The sxs can be really bizarre and physically and psychologically painful until homeostasis occurs. 

I'm sorry for your pain.  It's so hard. I had a lot of shoulder, neck and back pain in the earlier days of withdrawal.  I'm 1 year off now and the pain has improved so much. If you can keep a warm wrap on your neck and shoulders (I used a microwavable one and later got a batter charged one) it can help relax the muscles a little.  Your muscles are tense and hurting because they are accustomed to being relaxed by the medication.  I remember it being so hard to cope with so I am sympathetic. But it will get better! It will.

Thanks for breaking that down that would make sense as to why I’m super tense. I tried tumeric and it seemed to help out with the pain. 1 year off is quite a feat nice job on that.

Benzos are good muscle relaxers. When you stop taking them, you get a rebound in muscle tension that you don't really have any conscious control over. The sxs can be really bizarre and physically and psychologically painful until homeostasis occurs.

Thanks for sharing that. I read your bio with your post and I hope you are able to find some relief after being on the medications for all those years. I don’t wish this nightmare on anyone.