Updosing after unable to stabilize

[Co...]

Today after over 3 months of trying to stabilize on .125mg of K  I spoke with my doc. He wants me to go back to .25mg and resume the taper after my symptoms have stabilized.  I have been struggling since March taper down to .125mg and it's just not happening. He said there is no time limit, take as long as it takes. Anyone do this before? I'm just hoping my symptoms stop or at least become manageable.

I wanted to add I feel pretty bad about not doing what I set out to do. My doc assured me I'm doing great but still it's disappointing. My goal is to be off by Oct which will be a ful year of the taper.

Has anyone else had to stabilize a while and then gone on successfully? Does the body reset at a new stable dose?

I wanted to add I feel pretty bad about not doing what I set out to do. My doc assured me I'm doing great but still it's disappointing. My goal is to be off by Oct which will be a ful year of the taper.

Has anyone else had to stabilize a while and then gone on successfully? Does the body reset at a new stable dose?

How do you feel now on .25 mgs? Klonopin is a very potent benzo. It should not take very long for you to realize if the .25 is going to stabilize you or not IME.

I just had one dose feel ok but still have the sensory weirdness. No anxiety though. I'll know shortly when I try to sleep.

I just had one dose feel ok but still have the sensory weirdness. No anxiety though. I'll know shortly when I try to sleep.

The no anxiety is a good sign IMO, esp. if this one dose keeps the anxiety at bay for 24 hours. You plan on taking .25 mgs per day  to get stable, then micro taper, right?

Yes that's the plan. I had the first full night sleep in months. I still have some  symptoms today but feel a lot better. I guess I was going too fast.

Yeah, I agree with you.  I am happy the .25 is helping you. I am always amazed at how potent small amounts of these drugs are and the profound impact they have on our brains.

I wasted about 3 months trying to stabilize at .25 one dose in the morning.  Eventually I increased dose to .37.  Divided into 3 doses.  Then things started to get easier.  I would reduce by .01 every 3 days. Right now my total dose is 21. I am so happy I increased my dose.  I think I just wanted to get off so bad that I  stuck it out for too long on the wrong dose.

Well my updosing hasn't helped much. It did the first day but got wd symptoms again yesterday. I know if I tell my doc he will want to updose further but I'm going to see if I can just ride it out

Not sure why symptoms came back at that dose.

Sometimes it takes a bit of time for the updose to kick in. Hopefully you'll see some improvement in the next couple of days.  :thumbsup:

We can only taper as much as we can stand.  I too, remember being blown away at how a tiny cut at the low end of my taper could even register on my body.  But it does.  That said, I'm now approaching 7 months benzo free.  I had to updose and reinstate a few times if you see my history.  But I made it.  And you will too. 

Finally I have stabilized. I still have tinnitus but am able to deal with it. For the first time in months I don't have an anxiety knot in my stomach and my sleep is better. Not perfect but better.

I have vacation the first week of July so will resume taper after I return.

I'm hoping when I resume it will be like when I first tapered from 1mg to .5. I had just minor symptoms then.

Wonderful to hear you've stabilized and able to enjoy your vacation. I suggest going forward you might consider taking your taper slow with smaller cuts.