Histamine? How can I eat?

[Th...]

It looks like there is no clear way to help this histamine issue.

Is it just a low histamine diet? I've been reading but I am confused. Does vitamin C help? Or is that only sometimes? I see DAO deficiency helps get rid of it in our bodies?

Is there a trick to forcing food down? I can't get food down. It burns my insides.

Best I got is smoothies. But Im hoping there is another way to get it to my stomach.

Thank you for any insight.

Stitch,

Low DAO will cause histamine problems.  Vitamin C can help some people just depends if you can tolerate supplements.  It's all very confusing just try to eat low histamine foods.  Bless your heart I understand the burning stomach very well.  Do you take a probiotic?  They say sometimes that can help.

Hugs

Thanks DD

Burning stomach for sure! Nervous about probiotics. I may risk the vitamin C. Start small I guess?

Thanks for clearing up the confusion.

Hi Stitch,

You are so welcome.  I understand about the probiotics I tried one several months ago and it didn't go well but I got a really strong one not knowing any better.  I bought Smidge but haven't tried it yet its supposed to be good for histamine intolerance.  I hope you can tolerate the vitamin C, yes start out very slow.

Hugs