What do YOU do to help yourself feel better?

[Co...]

It occurred to me I am clueless as to how to help myself with withdrawal symptoms. I'm not doing anything; I'm just letting it happen to me. I'm thinking if I took a more proactive approach maybe it will help some of the helpless anxiety feeling.

What do you do to help yourself? How do you make yourself feel better? Take a walk? Listen to music? Eat ice cream?No matter what it is I'd love to hear about it! Maybe by sharing we can help each other.

Hmmm I kinda let it happen too. I like to be with my partner <3. For a while I played addicting phone games. If I get some sun that helps.

Getting massaged, It sometimes helps with the pain and anxiety. Playing a audio book so my thoughts don't take over. I don't know why but I think having flowers help.

Yeah what's up with inability to read? I have noticed that. My vision has these squiggly amoeba type floating things. Scrolling makes me dizzy! I'm not sure why my vision and hearing are involved in the withdrawal.

Hi Collie,

These things don't always work as well as I would like sometimes, but here are some of the things I do.

1. I try to eat a Healthy whole food plant based diet (not perfect but pretty good)

2. 3 20 min sessions of daily meditation (can be hit-and-miss sometimes)

3. Mild to moderate cardio daily on a stationary bike (sometimes, 2 20 min sessions).

4. Listening to talk radio podcasts on my iPhone for distraction.

5. Try to drink at least 6 cups of water daily ( I did have one soft drink last night)

6. Avoid sugary sweets and refined carbs as much as possible.

7. No dairy products

8. light weight training and stretching (when I can make it to the gym)

9. Avoiding all alcohol for the time being

I listened to audiobooks, too. Crime novels!

I watched a lot of sf reruns (Prime video) on my tablet.

I worked as much as I could.

I did tai chi.

I listened to music and started a playlist of my new favorites.

I played Scrabble with a bot.

I ate what I could . . .  benzo w/d took away my appetite.

That's about it.

Hope this helps,

Katz

Yeah what's up with inability to read? I have noticed that. My vision has these squiggly amoeba type floating things. Scrolling makes me dizzy! I'm not sure why my vision and hearing are involved in the withdrawal.

Right? Like, why that too?!

I exercise daily for about 20-30 minutes per workout.  Workout includes going up and down the stairs 20-30 times, sit ups, arm twirls, stretching.

I watch Courttv a lot.

I listen to music & sports on the radio.

I do the dishes. :thumbsup: