Burning sensation in throat

[co...]

I'm not sure if this is a symptom of withdrawal but I've been noticing that after I eat something spicy my throat burns like crazy.  It feels so weird. I've never had this happen until I started to taper.  Food tastes different as well. I've not had much of an appetite either. Anyone else feel like this?

Burning anywhere is pretty typical and if you didn't have it before you can likely chalk it up to stupid benzo's!  If it's too uncomfortable you might want to think about a diet modification but please don't get too stringent in your food choices, I've seen members restrict their diets to the point where they can only eat one or two things.  Fear is such a powerful force while going through this and it sometimes prompts us to take drastic measures but its important to get good nutrition while your body is working so hard trying to repair the damage done by the drug.

the only thing that tastes good to me right now is sweets...my diet is awful. Not healthy at all. I know I need to change that.

For awhile about the only thing I could force into my mouth was peanut butter, sometimes we're definitely in survival mode.  Many members mention sweets causing them issues but I didn't have a problem with them, its all so individual.

Eat what you can. Sugar is usually a no, If sweets aren't causing you an issue then you can eat it.  :thumbsup:

A lot of things I eat cause my throat to burn. We are more sensitive to spices so many of us stick to a bland diet.

But yes make sure you get those calories.

Sweets are basically the only thing that tastes good at this time.

I just have no appetite. That's unusual for me.

Sweets are basically the only thing that tastes good at this time.

I just have no appetite. That's unusual for me.

I really miss my appetite. But glad you can get something down. Just through a few other things in for nutrition.