Focusing and thinking to much trigger Akathisia

[Th...]

I think focusing on it makes it worse, but I don't think akathisia is a symptom brought on by our thoughts, at least in my experience. While there is a mental component to it, it is also a very physical symptom. So you may be able to lessen it through mindfulness about as well as you can stop hiccups and sneezes.

Distraction helped me out. Going for walks when my body felt so restless  wasnt easy when I was also exhausted at the same time, but it helped. It's all about passing time until it subsides. Next to the dark abyss dread and morning anxiety it was the worst  symptom.

Thanks for your answer. Im not sure if Akatisa can get triggered by doing things or not.  You are right it is a really bad symptom. Forgot about dark abyss dread that is a bad symptom as well.

There are different arguments for what is considered Akathisia and a lot of people use that word here incorrectly, including myself. I have ruminating thoughts, usually fear of some sort where I go into problem solving mode all day, but the problem is not solvable so I stay in that state. This causes me to pace all day. Which is what you describe a bit. I don't necessarily think this is textbook Akathisia, but it is uncomfortable to sit still and the only way to get relief is to pace.