Neuropathy tingling, bee sting feeling in feet.

[pl...]

What is this symptom?? Has anyone had it so intense and then it go away? this one here is absolutely killing me....its causing half my mental symptoms...I cant tell if ite akathisia or parethesia or neuropathy damage..i jsut need to hear from someone who had it soooooo severe and it go away

it changes in intensity and from stabbing to tingling to cold burning..

Plad12,

When I first quit valium, yes I also had a very severe bee sting feeling in my right foot - happened mostly at night. Absolutely brutal. At times I would wake up practically screaming. It lasted for about 2-3 months and now at 20 months I am not having that feeling.

I am however having a similar tingling, burning, stinging sensation in other muscles of my arm, shoulder, abdomen legs.  Not as severe as before but very distracting especially when the muscles are also very painful.

Hope we all get relief very soon.

Mine went from, tingling, to bee stings, to burning acid, to cold and hot, to pins and needles to......daggers! 

It all sucks! I'm sorry!!!!

Mine went from, tingling, to bee stings, to burning acid, to cold and hot, to pins and needles to......daggers! 

It all sucks! I'm sorry!!!!

Southern Belle, what happened after daggers?:) When did it leave? I have the same nasty sx.

Kathy- I wish I could say the daggers went away.....

They were the most agonizing torture. Felt like my legs (and torso and arms sometimes) were being squeezed to death in a vice grip lined with daggers. I tolerated the others. But this?, this was my undoing. I was completely non functional and needed 24 care. Therefore I chose to try taking a med for the nerve pain.

I got lucky and it worked. It was 10mg of amitriptyline that I micro dosed to get to 10.  It kinda has a bad rap here. Some have not had a good experience with it. I think I did because of the way it was dosed.....and I was a lucky one.

Southernbelle, I'm glad you are feeling better, that's the most important thing, you are functional and asymptomatic. Thank you for your reply.  :smitten:

Kathy- I wish I could say the daggers went away.....

They were the most agonizing torture. Felt like my legs (and torso and arms sometimes) were being squeezed to death in a vice grip lined with daggers. I tolerated the others. But this?, this was my undoing. I was completely non functional and needed 24 care. Therefore I chose to try taking a med for the nerve pain.

I got lucky and it worked. It was 10mg of amitriptyline that I micro dosed to get to 10.  It kinda has a bad rap here. Some have not had a good experience with it. I think I did because of the way it was dosed.....and I was a lucky one.

[/quote

This is what I have. It's a squeezing pain its horrible

I'm sorry Foxclover!  It's actually not a super common one. The tingling the pins and needles, the numbness are all very common.... The squeezing pain for most people tends to be on their head. Like many many people talk about having head pressure or feeling like they have a tight band squeezing their head. For me it was the opposite, the squeezing was everywhere EXCEPT my head. Like my head was fine!

I'm sorry Foxclover!  It's actually not a super common one. The tingling the pins and needles, the numbness are all very common.... The squeezing pain for most people tends to be on their head. Like many many people talk about having head pressure or feeling like they have a tight band squeezing their head. For me it was the opposite, the squeezing was everywhere EXCEPT my head. Like my head was fine!

Exactly same for me, the squeezing pain hurts also like it feels as if my arms are atrophied. Even hands. I dont get the tinnitus either. Just body pain. It's do exhausting and when you're scared it's so terrifying.