Is this clenching of my leg muscles ever going to go go away?

[Pi...]

I have also had severe leg muscle spasms and clenching.  It was worse for a few months when I first stopped valium and then it went away for many months.  Now at 20 months off I am having some returning leg muscle pain but it is not was bad as before.  The main pain I have is in my lower back and abdominal muscles.  Still very nasty pain but I am having some days of relief.

Hoping we all recover fully very soon.

I am tapering off of Ativan and when I make a cut I have leg cramps and twitching.  It goes away about week three after cutting.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

. They haven’t been as bad in the past 24 hours.  I’m almost at the end of my taper.

I’ve been tapering off lorazepam since March. Having muscle cramps/twitching in my calves.. unfortunately I have DVT (blood clots) in both legs, this condition also causes muscle cramps. So at a recent appointment with my hematologist I mentioned the leg cramps/twitching, he was concerned & sent me for another Doppler sonogram to check for new clots.. thank goodness I didn’t have anything new so now after reading this I’m guessing this might be caused by the withdrawal.?? Sorry for y’all who are experiencing this too, but I’ve gotta say for me it’s a little bit of a relief to see it might just be an annoying taper symptom! Damn benzos.

Healing thoughts for all.  :smitten: