Anyone else ever paranoid about Ms?

[ho...]

So I am about 45 months off and in a setback. New symptoms of left sided arm and leg/foot pins and needles. I’ve had many mris in withdrawal as I was paranoid and did have a few white spots, but the neurologist I saw a few months back did not seem concerned and tidally validated withdrawal and that it can last a long time. But I also didn’t have left leg pins and needles too. My neurologist since retired and I know they would do another mri which was too intense to handle a few months ago and push for a spinal tap.

I guess I really just need to hear it isn’t uncommon to I can stop worrying! I fear finding out I have MS in conjunction with withdrawal and then can’t take meds because I’m too sensitive and then I spiral badly.

No, MS is not common.  But think a diagnosis of MS would be an obviously thing to worry about since benzo withdrawl symptoms can mimic MS.  MS crossed my mind, as well, during withdrawl.  In medicine there is a phrase that goes something like this:  when you hear hoofbeats, don't go looking for zebras. This means that when looking for a diagnosis, start with the simplest, most obvious thing(s) first and in our case, benzo withdrawl qualifies as that.

I'm glad you neurologist was able to reassure you.  If the symptoms are not worsening significantly and you are functional, than watchful waiting is prudent.  I did just have a thought and if you have not had a B12 level checked, then getting that done might be a good idea since B12 deficiency can cause neuropathy.

No, MS is not common.  But think a diagnosis of MS would be an obviously thing to worry about since benzo withdrawl symptoms can mimic MS.  MS crossed my mind, as well, during withdrawl.  In medicine there is a phrase that goes something like this:  when you hear hoofbeats, don't go looking for zebras. This means that when looking for a diagnosis, start with the simplest, most obvious thing(s) first and in our case, benzo withdrawl qualifies as that.

I'm glad you neurologist was able to reassure you.  If the symptoms are not worsening significantly and you are functional, than watchful waiting is prudent.  I did just have a thought and if you have not had a B12 level checked, then getting that done might be a good idea since B12 deficiency can cause neuropathy.

I take  beef liver for B12 and  good there but may add red meat back once a week again just in case.I’ve even read some diagnosed with MS in this and then it all went away so my husband said the same thing as you… Occums Razor… and I’m in a setback with weird stuff anyway. It’s crazy what fear and hypochondria can do to us in this! Thank you for your reply!

Worrying about MS is not uncommon, hopeful. 

I'm 38 months and tired of worrying about every little glitch that goes on with my body. 

My focus now is to focus on ways to overcome the worry, not remain stuck in it.  It's a big ask, but I'm determined.  I don't want to continue this way indefinely. 

If I've got some dismal disease, I've got some dismal disease, and I'll deal with it if, and when confirmed.  Simple as that. 

In the meantime I'm going to try to enjoy and accept life, on life's terms. 

*. Your stuff sounds like anxiety.  Fight flight stuff. 

Worrying about MS is not uncommon, hopeful. 

I'm 38 months and tired of worrying about every little glitch that goes on with my body. 

My focus now is to focus on ways to overcome the worry, not remain stuck in it.  It's a big ask, but I'm determined.  I don't want to continue this way indefinely. 

If I've got some dismal disease, I've got some dismal disease, and I'll deal with it if, and when confirmed.  Simple as that. 

In the meantime I'm going to try to enjoy and accept life, on life's terms. 

*. Your stuff sounds like anxiety.  Fight flight stuff.

Funny you said this! I’ve tried the DNRS program and found a limbic coach who works with you based on your ordeal and she is amazing! We just had our first session because I need to try to work on this horrible fear, health anxiety and my fight or flight is insane. Fingers crossed it helps!