Do we heal our GABA receptors while on SSRIs or do them hinder the recovery?

[fu...]

I am on fluvoxamine and I will taper diazepam first, but I wonder if it's possible to fully heal benzowise while on SSRIs.

Professor Ashton had many of her patients on SSRI's and didn't see any hindrance to recovery and I've watched many members recover while on antidepressants so please don't let your fear rule your thoughts. 

Why are you tapering the Benzo 1st? SSRI's can be stimulating even when you've been on them a while

SSRI's can be problematic but the bezo is a controlled substance. If you are running low you can't get your refill early. At least in the US.

It's hard to say what to taper first. Don't a lot of the people get the benzo out of the way?

SSRI's can be problematic but the bezo is a controlled substance. If you are running low you can't get your refill early. At least in the US.

It's hard to say what to taper first. Don't a lot of the people get the benzo out of the way?

Benzos help with SSRI WD (although not everyone has it) But SSRI's don't help Benzo WD. Everyone thinks differently tho, so it's a personal choice

Benzos help with SSRI WD (although not everyone has it) But SSRI's don't help Benzo WD. Everyone thinks differently tho, so it's a personal choice

Gotcha, I think a big worry is that the benzos go into tolerance quicker? I know mine benzo didn't seem to change anything when they put me on for zoloft WD. But now Im on it.

It's really hard to make the call.

I have OCD prior to benzos and glutamate excess can be nasty while dealing with OCD so that's why I choose to take out the diazepam first.