Will the Pain Ever Stop?

[Pe...]

Hi,

I am just 25% off my clonazepam withdrawal, which I started on Jan 20. The depression and anxiety are excruciating. I didn’t know it was possible to suffer this much. How does anyone get through this?

Perserverance

Hi Perseverence,

I know the mental anguish can really be out of this world.  Don't believe the lies that this is the new you, that you can't get off the benzos, that you will be stuck like this, that things will never get better.  These are truly lies our minds tell us - but when we are in that pit of despair/doom/agitation/fear we will lose our minds -- all bets are off and we can't help but seem to hear the lies as truth.  You are not alone and you will get through this.......so you have come down from 1.5mg to 1.2 mg since Jan 20th, is that right?  So, that's about 4% a month reduction - I Know that seems like a slow reduction, but for some of us that is as fast as we can do it.  I can only taper 3% right now and I am still symptomatic as I do so -- and grapple with the mental stuff much like you describe.

I just wanted to jump on as a voice of support.  you aren't alone, this is going to be okay, and there will be an end to this hell, my friend.

Hi Grace33,

Thank you for responding. I had very little sleep last night and today is horrendous. Yes, it is a slow taper, but seems all I can manage. I still wonder how I can possibly get through. My life is a nightmare. Will there really be an end to it? How far along are you? Does it get any better while tapering?

Perserverance

Even though it's a slow taper, you are still doing it!!  You are still tapering, healing and will one day be free of Benzos!  Slow and Steady wins the race.  Hang in there, you can do this!