Hypoglycemia...but not?

[01...]

[01...]

Hi all.

I *constantly* feel like I have hypoglycemia. I bought a blood glucose meter because I did have bariatric surgery (which causes reactive hypoglycemia) but I've never had a high or low. It seems like when my blood sugar drops, regardless of how much (as in, like a normal person's level would be) that drop or even slight lowering seems INSANELY INTENSE. Feels like I'm going to pass out, lose it, fall asleep, feel weak, etc.

I never had any issues with my blood sugar. And it seems I still don't, but now my body is hyper-sensitive to blood sugar drops despite it being in a normal range. My nerves feel crawly and tingly when it happens.

Is this normal in withdrawal? Anyone else? Does this go away or even itself out?

Any reassurance would be appreciated.

[01...]
I'm sure I have, but this happens with everything, even whole foods with no additives. I don't think this is a food allergy or sensitivity, I think it's a severe over-reaction of some sort from my body from a foreign substance.

Hey there SpeakZ,

Holy crap, I could have written your post when I was in withdrawal! Like exactly the same. I kept testing my blood sugar because I was positive it was low......but same thing still normal. I surmised the same thing as you .....that our body detects the smallest drop and sends out the warning signs even though it doesn't need to.  I always just ate something anyway (thankfully I was under weight and could afford to eat constantly).

Don't worry though, it WILL go away!!!! Mine totally did!

Anything with aspartame does it to me. You’d be surprised what all as aspartame and in any amount sets mine off