My Story

[Ai...]

I have been taking Lorazepam on and off (mostly on lately), for more than 20 years. I have seldom taken more than 1 MG a day, but my counselor advised me that some of the symptoms I have been experiencing lately could be signs of benzo tolerance. This is why I am seeking more information and possible ways to safely withdraw from this drug. Thank you.

Hello Airman Duck,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies, we are glad you have joined us!  You've been on Lorazepam for a long time so you may well be experiencing symptoms of tolerance/withdrawl.  I've put some information below regarding tolerance for you to read.  We can help you get off benzos if that is you wish.  We support a slow taper (based on the Ashton Manual - link is below) with reductions in the 5-10% range every two weeks or so.  Going slow tends to minimize withdrawl symptoms and allows you to stay functional.

There are other links below you may find useful.  After you get your bearings, you can begin posting.  Please ask questions and speak up if you need help.

Again, welcome,

Kate08

Reaching Tolerance Info

The Ashton Manual

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)