I blew my water taper

[Co...]

So at day 5 I blew my water taper. I had an intense slam of wd yesterday afternoon. I'm back on .1575mg. Why is this small dose messing with me so much? I've been on it for weeks and anytime I mess with it I go into bad wd. I have come so far only to hit this roadblock near the end. Can anyone relate? I guess I'll go back to a dry taper.

I can see you're frustrated but please don't make a snap decision about going back to a dry titration.  Not that there is anything wrong with that method, I just hate to see you cause yourself anymore upset by switching back if we can figure out how to work with your current method.

I wish I could be more helpful when it comes to tapering but I didn't so I can't offer anything useful except to say I hope you can give yourself time to work this out.

I see your signature says you're hoping to finish in 79 days. I'm at similar numbers to you and tapering at 5- 7.5% every two weeks. I would not be able to finish my taper in 79 days and be functional. Maybe you need to slow it down a bit?

You're so close,  you can do this. There's no need to rush. I wouldn't give up on water titration yet like Pamster suggested.

Pamster and Jellybaby, thank you so much for your faith and support.

I do have a plan intact. I'm going back to dry tapering to .125 until I can be stable on that, then return to the water taper.

I was a victim of my own anxiety. The bad tinnitus just spirals my thinking out of control in anxiety. I had convinced myself the water taper was inaccurate and I was going to be like forever unable to ever stabilize. I know this because as soon as I took my "rescue"dose I was fine, even though the tinnitus hadn't abated.

Anxiety is such a nasty beast- so convincing and so unrelenting.

Jelly yes, we are at similar doses. I'm at .15ish. It's crazy such a tiny amount matters so much.

Thank your for letting us know your plan, I love that you're so self aware, you recognized the issue and have a solution in mind you've thought out with a clear head.  I have confidence in your confidence.  :thumbsup:

Hi Collie,

I wish you luck with this.  What I would add is that it isn't that it's the last little bit that is so hard- - with benzos its a cumulative process.  You have actually tapered very quickly ---- at least as far as many on here are concerned - that isn't to say I feel you did anything wrong at all -- we are all unique but its common when we taper pretty quick to hit a snag and then think "oh no, I can't seem to get below this same amount" when its really the cumulative effect of the entire taper process.  I wish you luck with this and just always know you can always slow down if need be and take it a bit slower so you don't get stung by that irrational anxiety beast that tells us this isn't possible.  Best of luck!