More of a AR to AD with so fragile nervous system

[sh...]

Hi,

my name is Jernej and i come from Slovenia, so sorry for my English in advance.

I dont know if i came to right forum, coz i am not really withdrawing from any benzo drugs, but i think i did a fairly ammount of dmg to my nervous system with 2 years excessive binge drinking and smoking pot.

After that i developed high anxiety after drinking so i stoped in early 2017 and i was in acute WD from pot and alcohol for more than a year and things start to improving a bit. But i was still left a little anxious and with low tolerance to stress. So in 2018 my gf left me and i was again in such a stress that i decide i will try Zoloft so things gets a little easier. I didn"t really see any progress while on medication even if my dose went up to max, and my gf came back, so things were better and i weaned off Zoloft with fast taper in two months time. I did have some withdrawal signs, like twitching,leg jerks and some brain zaps but after two months i was ok for the most part, except my stress tolerance was still low. I had one whole good year, i could even tolerate some alcohol again, no excessive drinking this time. I had car accident in early 2019 and i tried some pot to ease my pain, but i havent feel good on it, so i stoped. After a while i had trouble sleeping so i went to my GP and he prescribed me Paxil. Wrong decision. I had adverse reaction soon after taking my first half pill. I remember i wake up with panic attack, dizziness, whole covered in sweat, next day i try one more time, but again reaction was too severe, so i stopped. i thought this reaction will clear in few days, but i was still in high anxiety state, some depression, i could barely get some sleep and i was offered Lorazepam for relaxation, which i only took for three days to get some sleep. Its been 19 months since that pill (Paxil) and i think i had more good days in the begining, but now i was hit by more debilitating symptoms, i can"t handle almost zero stress, shaking inside (new), tremors, twitching muscle, some days burning inside (new), unable to exercise (new), head pressure (new), tingling (new), some back and hand pains (new), insomnia, depression, etc... and i think i am starting to not tolerate some vitamins and medications, which before this month i could tolerate. I was hoping this healing would go more linear, since it is adverse reaction, not in opposite way, so i am starting to worry i wont heal from this. I dont drink alcohol and use pot for two years. I had antibiotics for my stomach last year and i was fine, but this month i tried Naproxen and i had twtching and burning right after, same goes for some vitamins. So my question is has anybody had similar case with even more struggle than before after 19 months out AR? Is it even possible to heal nervous system with such low stress tolerance?

Thanks for listening and best healing wishes to you all.

Hello shaft6, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

You've had such a terrible time, it looks as if you're extremely sensitive to medications, this can happen especially after discontinuing them.  There is a forum which deals exclusively with antidepressants if you'd care to seek help there as well, here is the link.  https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/

I'm doubtful your 3 days of Lorazepam are playing a role in how you're feeling now but I can't say for sure since the power of these drugs never cease to amaze me.

I'll provide some resources but please reach out to our other members for feedback on your situation, hopefully we can help you.

Pamster

The Ashton Manual

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

Other Medications   

Hi Shaft, and welcome

This place is a great resource of information, and many members that will help and support you as much as they can. I also had an adverse reaction to an antidepressant, due to my nervous system being so sensitive. You will heal from it, unfortunately it can take a long time.

Pamster, mentioned survivingantidepressants.org. They have some good information there that you may find helpful. Here's a couple of links to things regarding adverse reactions that I personally found helpful when I had mine.

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/5280-immediate-adverse-reactions-to-an-antidepressant-or-within-a-few-doses-how-long-for-recovery/

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/8095-post-withdrawal-nervous-system-hypersensitivity-hyper-reactivity-and-kindling/?tab=comments#comment-4053

http://www.antidepressantsfacts.com/reaction.htm

Hope things improve for you soon

Thanks Pamster, Having a mare and healing 321 for warm welcome.

I am familiar with survivingantidepressants forum already, a am a lurker there for already few years, i know all stories - sucess and outgoing about healing, that"s why i asked  here why the heck I am so bad 19 months out if the healing of AR suppose to be more linear not advancing in severity.

But hay, probably no one knows that, right? :)

I just know i haven"t had such extreme anxiety, akathasia, depression and sensitivities prior taking that Paxil pill :(

Thanks Pamster, Having a mare and healing 321 for warm welcome.

I am familiar with survivingantidepressants forum already, a am a lurker there for already few years, i know all stories - sucess and outgoing about healing, that"s why i asked  here why the heck I am so bad 19 months out if the healing of AR suppose to be more linear not advancing in severity.

But hay, probably no one knows that, right? :)

I just know i haven"t had such extreme anxiety, akathasia, depression and sensitivities prior taking that Paxil pill :(

That was probably just how it started. But anything like stress, or supplements that you mention could be making your symptoms flare up. You wuill heal in time, just need to leave the nervous system alone as much as possible for now

Terrible night, zero sleep, anxiety through the roof, pins and needles all over my body, thoughts how never will be better, I really hope this is healing in progress  :o

A/D withdrawal sounds pretty much like benzo withdrawal, I'm so sorry you're suffering but I like Having a mare's advice.  Your body knows how to heal itself, this is it's job so trust in the process.

Thanks Pamster,

Yea, i believe it"s the same suffering as benzo withdrawal.

I am suspecting covid has something to do about it as it flare up my symptoms, especially fatigue,as  it"s a common long covid symptom, and our nervous system is so fragile, so everything is a danger to it.

I believe you're right about Covid, many of our members have noticed this.  I haven't contracted Covid yet but the thought of similar symptoms to benzo withdrawal has had me nervous.