on the journey

[lo...]

I have taken Clonazepam, .5 mg,  for close to 18 years for insomnia.  I wish I had never been prescribed this devil pill. I have attempted to go off the drug numerous times with no success. Probably titrated too quickly and struggled with severe withdrawals.  In January 2020 I found a doctor who was willing to follow the Ashton method and we substituted diazepam 10 mg. I am now at 3.8 mg ( 2 mg pill and 1.8 liquid). Its a slow taper process with bumps along the road.  I struggle with major insomnia, nightmares, and anxiety . I eat well, exercise, meditate in order to combat all the side effects.  I hope to gain support and knowledge from the group as I know the last stretch - particularly after 2 mg and down - will be really hard. I'm thankful for this community!!  The doctors are totally clueless.

Hello lotusbloom,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies, we are glad you have joined our community!  It sounds like you are taking a prudent approach to getting off benzos.  We support a slow taper so that withdrawl symptoms are minimized and you can stay functional.  You are making good progress toward you goal of being benzo-free.  I used benzos for sleep for many years and yes, the insomnia can be very tough but for most of us, natural sleep does return in time.

I've put a couple of links below to get you started.  Let us know if you have questions or need help.  You can post when you are ready.

Again, welcome,

Kate08

Insomnia

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)