HELP! I think I double took my Klonopin tonight!

[Th...]

I have been doing a micro taper of Klonopin (need to update my profile). I am currently around 0.070mg down from 0.5mg. Tonight I was lying in bed, then jumped up and said, I forgot to take my Klonopin! I went into the kitchen looked at it and didn’t recall taking it, but I do recall saying, oh it’s time for my med around 9 pm. I taper 0.001% 5 nights per week. I stood in the kitchen debating if I took it earlier or not and ultimately decided that I didn’t take it. But now after the fact, I’m worried that maybe I did take it earlier, so I may have taken it twice! It’s sad and frustrating that I’m in such a state of brain fog that I can’t even remember! Has anyone done this before? If I double took my 0.07mg dose, did I just screw up my entire taper! I pray that I didn’t, as I’ve been tapering slowly from .125mg since March after tapering the first 75% way too quickly!  I still feel traumatized from all that I experienced during the fast taper! Goodness, I pray that I haven’t just messed all of this hard work up! Anyone else ever do this?

Sure, I'm certain many of us have taken an extra dose. I  know I have. It had no effect on me . . . don't worry. But it taught me a lesson -- I kept a lined sheet ot paper taped to the side of me medicine cabinet in the bathroom and wrote down my dose as I took it. (I had a bigger journal on my desk where I recorded s/x and how I felt and so on). But I only need one  example of being a brainless doofus to teach me to keep track of my reductions.

You'll be okay.  :smitten:

Best,

Katz

Thank you for your response oregonkatz!  :) I feel much better knowing that it likely will not be a big deal if I did double it! Whew! I was really stressed about it last night!

Early on I was good about writing it down right away, but as time has gone on maybe not quite as diligent. I do still keep track in a journal and on a calendar, but lately only update it every few days, as opposed to every day like in the beginning. I will create a checklist today to sit beside my med and be sure to check it off right as I take it from here on out! One time is enough for me too!  :laugh: It’s weird but the lower I go in dose, the foggier I seem to get!?