Diazepam or Clonazepam

[Be...]

Hello Everyone, I am stuck in a tough place like most of us. I have been taking .5mg Clonazepam once a day as a sleep aid since November 2021. I have been struggling with insomnia since November hence why I was paced on Clonazepam. Two weeks ago my doctor placed me on 5mg Diazepam for sleep as nothing else works. The problem I am having is I sometimes get sleep and sometimes not. I have taken 10mg tabs with the same results. My question is what is worse in the long run Clonazepam or Diazepam. Not wanting to be on either of them for long. He has now switched me back to Clonazepam because the Diazepam makes me very groggy during the next day.

A benzo is a benzo. They are all dangerous. The problem with all these are you will likely build tolerance. It means you'll need more of the drug to get the same effect and for it to work. But then you build tolerance to the new dose again. After a year on 2mg clonazepam I started having insomnia. I didn't even have sleep issues before starting benzo's.

In my opinion benzo's are not meant to treat insomnia. When you want to stop,  the withdrawal symptoms are worse than the insomnia and you are still left with insomnia, it's not cured. It's definitely not worth continuing.