Abdominal pressure who had and who’s went away

[Ze...]

Does anyone have a tight abdominal muscles. It comes and goes during the day. Gets bad at night. I’m not bloated at all. It feels like something is pushing my guts up when I sit down and sometimes when I stand up. When I have to burp it gets really bad. But goes away after expelling gas. Could it be muscles in my core and stomach? Possibly a part of healing. Has anyone had this and or recovered from this. If not maybe I should go get MRI or CT. Don’t really wanna go to the damn doctors again tho lol

Feedback would be really appreciated!!!!

The left side of my abdominal muscles spasm and lock up tightly all the time, especially when I try to sleep. It came on gradually and only got worse. It is called dystonia and there is no cure for it. I hope you’re resolved. I am in a living nightmare now with all of my symptoms.

Does anyone have a tight abdominal muscles. It comes and goes during the day. Gets bad at night. I’m not bloated at all. It feels like something is pushing my guts up when I sit down and sometimes when I stand up. When I have to burp it gets really bad. But goes away after expelling gas. Could it be muscles in my core and stomach? Possibly a part of healing. Has anyone had this and or recovered from this. If not maybe I should go get MRI or CT. Don’t really wanna go to the damn doctors again tho lol

Feedback would be really appreciated!!!!

Even in withdrawal, there is no harm in seeing a doctor and ruling out any other possible causes for your symptoms. If the doctor finds nothing then it is a pretty safe bet it is withdrawal related and that means it will definitely go away over time. You will also have the peace of mind knowing that it isn't anything serious. In recovery we need all the 'peace of mind' we can get. Don't forget about all the receptors we have in our guts. They don't call it the 2nd brain for no reason.

I agree with you Zesty , the thought of going to the Doctor I hate . Only to be told your benzo symptoms we over in 6 to 8 weeks BS .

The lower right abdominal discomfort has plagued me for 30 months . I have been having really good days since April 29th. After hundreds of frightening symptoms I do consider my self healed . But often the old abdomen flares up , probably because of doubt.  I believe it originates in the back  , often it shoots over to the left side only to return to the right. Sometimes it is in the hip area , never really painful just discomfort.  May 6th had yearly physical, three pages of blood work and all was great for 66 yr old guy.

Hang in there buddy,  your time is coming. Music60

Zesty 76,

Sounds like my symptoms (this has also been reported by other Benzo Buddies). 

The muscles on my right side (abdomen/back/buttock) are virtually always contracted and tight.  Very painful at times - just relentless. At 20 months of valium I thought I would be feeling much better.  Some days I do get minor relief but the waves always keep coming back.

Had check-ups done and they find nothing wrong.  Seems like this is a part of the recovery from benzos.

What seems to consistently help me is gentle swimming and even just floating in a pool.  Takes the stress of those muscles.

I started having  tremendous GI issues within a month of tapering. Constant gas, and burping, I would start burping the moment I woke up until I went to bed. I also had lower left pelvic pain, off and on at first until it eventually was always present. I couldn't sit without it getting worse. I went to see the gastrointestinal Dr, did some tests, all negative, gave me a prescription for the pain (never took it) and never went back. I cut out sugar, lactose and gluten, even my occasional beer. I would wait 4 hours at least before I would go to bed at night. The minute I laid Down my stomach would go crazy, you could actually feel the gas traveling through my intestines. Nothing seemed to help. I was researching online one day and came across a web site called Benzofree and there it was, I had Benzo belly. I've been much better the last couple of weeks, the pelvic pain is gone most days. It comes in waves now...good luck to you....