Author Topic: Emotional this far out?  (Read 213 times)

[Buddie]

Emotional this far out?
« on: May 31, 2022, 08:57:16 pm »
I am experiencing crying spells. Dont know if its because of past traumas. Listening to Coldplay Viva La Vida and it made me cry. Is this normal this far out? Possibly hormones working themselves out? Im 14.5 months out
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Emotional this far out?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2022, 11:55:33 pm »
I'd  say it's normal since 14.5 months out is not that long.  Try to fill your mind with positive things.  This will pass with time

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Emotional this far out?
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2022, 09:31:26 pm »
I am experiencing crying spells. Dont know if its because of past traumas. Listening to Coldplay Viva La Vida and it made me cry. Is this normal this far out? Possibly hormones working themselves out? Im 14.5 months out

I don't think so.  I'm 5 years out.  Was never much of a crier pre-benzo or on-benzo. 'Tough guy' on the outside.  The post-benzo emotional stuff didn't hit me until around Year 3 off.  Now I tear up with the slightest wistful thought.  I guess we'll al have our time frames for this stuff to settle down :-\