Malabsorption. Probably fat.

[Th...]

My doctor thinks I can't absorb fats. I cant seem to put on weight and am very boney. Did anyone else have this problem? I'm at a loss and would like to lay down without pain because I am so boney.

I don't get it... Is this you're family doctor or what kind of doctor is this? If it's just you're GP/Family doctor, why would you ever take nutritional advice from him/her, it's actually a pretty bad issue within the medical community. They get if lucky 24 hours of nutritional training in medical school you should never ever listen to them.

If this was a nutritionist you probably have a better chance with them maybe... Keep in mind it takes on average 10 years for new material to reprint in text books while others are so bias in what they've been taught they won't bother reviewing new evidence. But the biggest issue with nutritionists is they base nutrition advice based off epidemiological and observational reports, they can't really make a "Cause and effect" statement because the experiment to do so is inhuman, involves taking twin children,locking them in a ward setting which is extremely controlled from temperature to their sleep cycles, running labs and imagining daily all the way down to double blind reports for the rest of their lives to observe their outcomes. Nutritionists use a bunch of maybes and possibly type of research.

Which doctor did you see?

And what other symptoms do you have besides inability to put on weight? Are you losing weight because that's a different matter, or are you unable to put on weight only?

The next thing we need to explore is how much calories you are consuming. Did you make any adjustments?

And what kinds of fats are you consuming? Saturate fats, poly? Trans... And where are you getting these sources from as in what are you consuming?

I'm asking Becuase it doesn't sound like you have a malabsorption when it comes to fat, you would have other symptoms.

I need to know what you're eating to gather more info

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I was told a stool test said that I wasn't absorbing fats from a GP. He said he didn't know anything else.

Keep in mind it takes on average 10 years for new material to reprint in text books while others are so bias in what they've been taught they won't bother reviewing new evidence.

Oh that is terrifying.

I can get in 1300 cal a day if subtract the fat.

I lose weight if I go less than that.

But I cant put weight on. Any fat I eat seems to become diarrhea.

I get food reactions after I eat. Like a burning in my throat and stomach. I pee every hour. I don't have an appetite so I force myself to eat.

I tried eating a 2000 cal burger that was 40% fat. It all came out diarrhea.

I tried eating salmon which is 50% fat and I got the same but not as bad.

I wish I could eat junk food and put on weight. But I eat chicken and rice. A bowl of cereal with a banana. and gluten-free dairy-free pizza.

The same thing happened to me. I was diagnosed with pancreatic insufficiency and malabsorption. I was put on creon pancreatic enzymes which actually made things worse. I found the best enzymes at a health food shop. Below link is what I used. Not saying this is what’s wrong with u but it helped me. I have no issues now, lost 12-15 kilos and put it all back on and then some.

https://shop.5ew.com.au/product/bio-gest-60s/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIro_H96OJ-AIV-pZLBR2AEQFOEAQYBSABEgKBP_D_BwE

• Like 1

The same thing happened to me. I was diagnosed with pancreatic insufficiency and malabsorption. I was put on creon pancreatic enzymes which actually made things worse. I found the best enzymes at a health food shop. Below link is what I used. Not saying this is what’s wrong with u but it helped me. I have no issues now, lost 12-15 kilos and put it all back on and then some.

https://shop.5ew.com.au/product/bio-gest-60s/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIro_H96OJ-AIV-pZLBR2AEQFOEAQYBSABEgKBP_D_BwE

Thank you. Was what the doctor gave you too strong?

Did the doctor test your thyroid levels? Also, try eating more carbs and see if you can gain some weight.

I got tested for thyroid and all perfect. Benzos caused mine for sure. No other reason was found. They slow down all body processes, so why not pancreatic enzyme production? Just a thought x

I got tested for thyroid and all perfect. Benzos caused mine for sure. No other reason was found. They slow down all body processes, so why not pancreatic enzyme production? Just a thought x

No that makes sense. It looks like a lot of test to run though. At least according to my doctor.

Just don’t pin ur hopes on a cause honey. I hope things are different for u, and they find a reason and fix it. I placed a lot of trust in drs and all they did was make everything worse. On my case anyway. Just eat good food, maybe u can stomach golden milk? Turmeric calms inflammation down x here’s a recipe I use I put it in hot water with coconut milk and maple syrup ( the real stuff) and it’s delicious

https://pin.it/3xlRoAU

Just don’t pin ur hopes on a cause honey. I hope things are different for u, and they find a reason and fix it. I placed a lot of trust in drs and all they did was make everything worse. On my case anyway. Just eat good food, maybe u can stomach golden milk? Turmeric calms inflammation down x here’s a recipe I use I put it in hot water with coconut milk and maple syrup ( the real stuff) and it’s delicious

https://pin.it/3xlRoAU

Thank you for the recipe. Doctors make me scared now, but I keep being told that I need tests. But I think your right, we can not expect a cause for most of these symptoms. I'll have my partner see if they can help get good ingredients.

• Like 1