Jumped Last Sunday

[Cr...]

Hello. My last dose was last Sunday. It has now been one week that I have been off benzos completely. I was taking clonazepam. Is there a possibility that it is still in my system? Also, am I already out of phase 1 of withdrawal? FYI I read the post about how long they stay in your system and I’m not good at math so that all just looks like a bunch of scribble to me.

I have no idea if the drug is still in your system and the phases of recovery aren't set in stone, we each have our own timeline for healing.  What I do know is that now you're in the recovery phase and that is step two of this process.  Step one is eliminating the drug, step two is recovering from it, it takes a long time for your brain to recover the function it lost to the drug so my suggestion is to write down your symptoms and grade their severity with numbers.  I failed to do this when I was recovering so my poor sick brain refused to acknowledge I was getting better, hopefully you'll be able to see improvement.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello. I feel better. Just got over a pretty bad cold and had to take a zpack (it worked amazingly). I had some pretty bad heart palpitations for the last few months but I just noticed tonight that they are gone. I keep waiting for them to come back but they haven’t yet. My muscle spasms and muscle pain have ramped up a little bit but nothing worse than what I would experience every time that I went down in dosage. The only new symptom that I have are little black floaters in my vision. Other than that, I’m great. I never thought that I would feel this good and normal off of benzos. I thought that if I didn’t have them, that I would be an anxious wreck. Nope. Not the case. I think I’m doing far better mentally now than I was doing before I started my taper. I’m just going to keep doing the things that have helped my muscle issues and sleep until I feel like it’s not needed. Thank you for asking how I’m doing.

I have no idea if the drug is still in your system and the phases of recovery aren't set in stone, we each have our own timeline for healing.  What I do know is that now you're in the recovery phase and that is step two of this process.  Step one is eliminating the drug, step two is recovering from it, it takes a long time for your brain to recover the function it lost to the drug so my suggestion is to write down your symptoms and grade their severity with numbers.  I failed to do this when I was recovering so my poor sick brain refused to acknowledge I was getting better, hopefully you'll be able to see improvement.

this is a great idea.

Hey. Congrats on jumping. I’m at the end of my taper and my anxiety is much better.  I am alsi left with muscle tension and inlssues. What are you doing got this. Thanks

Hey. Congrats on jumping. I’m at the end of my taper and my anxiety is much better.  I am alsi left with muscle tension and inlssues. What are you doing got this. Thanks

Hello. Congrats on almost being done. Here’s a list of some of the things that I’ve been doing for the muscle issues:

- Deep Tissue Massage (Medical massage is best)

- Compression Stockings and Socks (really helps relieve pain)

- Hot baths (sometimes with epsom salt or cbd salt)

- Tylenol or ibuprofen on really bad days

- Exercise (walking, swimming or biking nothing crazy)

- I did buy a compression suit from Hyperice. It is expensive and the least helpful in my opinion.

- Suction Cups (like they use at the massage parlor) for cupping muscles