Introduction

[Wa...]

My reasons for joining BenzoBuddies: For community, support, and assist while tapering/weaning.

The type of benzodiazepine (or z-drug) I take or have taken: Klanapan, and Xanax

For how long you have been taking benzodiazepines: Klanapan - regular dosing x2.5 years, Xanax PRN rarely use

Your present dose: Currently in a weaning process, 1/4 mg 2x/day

If you have started or finished your taper: This is my 2nd attempt. 1st attempt was December 2021, but had to re-dose d/t withdrawl symptoms. 2nd attempt started this month.

And anything else I feel would be useful for those wishing to reply to your introduction. I have been on 1/2 2x/day for the last 6 months. I was on a higher does in the last several years. I would like to be able taper and have manageable experience. My Doctor is supportive of tapering.

Thank you.

Hello WantingRelief231, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Thanks for letting us know your situation, may I ask how you're feeling, are you experiencing difficult symptoms?

I'm a little unclear about your taper, have you gone from 1 mg a day of Klonopin to .5 mgs in 6 months?  We typically suggest reducing your dose by about 5-10% every couple of weeks or whatever your symptoms dictate, we feel they should guide your taper so you can stay functional.

I'll provide some resources and areas of the forum that may interest you, but please let us know how we can help you.

Pamster

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

The Ashton Manual