Oxascpam and zopiclone tapper

[No...]

Hi, i have been suffering for severe Tinnitus for may years. Tinnitus was before the benzo use.

I have been using Benzo on and off for many years. Now i had a relapse with worsening Tinnitus so i started again. Been using for around 4 month.

2x3,75=7,5mg zopiclone 10pm, 5am.

2x10mg Oxascand 10am, 6pm.

What would be the best way to tapper? Should i first skip the Zopiclone which is more short acting?

I am alos on SSRI /ecitalopram 20mg

Any help is much appreciated

Hello northern lights,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies! Congratulations on your decision to taper off oxazepam and zopiclone.  We're so glad you found the forum - you'll find lots of good information, support and encouragement here from others who understand what it's like to go through this process.

It sounds like you're interested in information about taper plans.  A good place to start is the board on Planning Your Withdrawal. You will learn a lot and when you're ready, you can post questions about your own taper plan.  I also put a link to the Z-drug support group below:

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Z-drug Withdrawal Support Group

As you consider what plan would work best, you might want to read the Ashton Manual, an excellent resource about benzodiazepine tapering and withdrawal by Dr. Heather Ashton.  Dr. Ashton is an expert in the field - she suggests reducing your dose by no more than 5% or 10% every 1-2 weeks.  Some people find it works better for them to taper even more slowly.

Here is the link for the manual:

The Ashton Manual

Again, we're glad you found us.  Please let us know how we can help you.

Again, welcome,

Kate

Modify message