8 Months post-taper

[Ju...]

Hey all!

I joined BenzoBuddies in order to find support for my recovery process.  I had trouble with insomnia and was prescribed xanax for years and eventually temazepam for about 3 years.  In total I was taking something to help me sleep for about 10 years.  I tapered off of the temazepam over 2 months in August of 2021.  I jumped off at the end of September and have been recovering ever since.  I still struggle often and am having a hard time getting through it.  I have questions about people's experiences while still on benzos because there is a lot about my life during that time that I can't explain and am curious who else feels that way.  I took them between ages 25 and 34 and I feel like it was detrimental to my life during a crucial period.

Hello JustKeepGoing100,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies, we are glad you are here!  Kudos to you for letting benzos go from you life!!  You will no doubt be able to connect with others here who can share at least some aspects of your experience.  Having a support community can make all the difference in one's recovery from benzo use.

I've put some links below to get you started.  You don't say if you have experienced insomnia, but many of us do until our bodies heal and get used to sleeping without benzos.

You can begin posting when ready.  Let us know if you have questions or need help.

Again, welcome,

Kate08

Cold Turkey, Detox & Rapid Withdrawal

Insomnia