Benzo withdrawl head symptoms

[...]

I'm coming here for support and to find if others are having the same symptoms I'm having.  I've been off of lorazepam for a month after a taper.  This is my second time coming off of lorazepam - the first time I didn't have any symptoms like I have now.  I was on lorazepam for a total of 6 years - not daily use, as needed for sleep and anxiety attacks.  I was also on Sertraline and stopped cold turkey which was a big mistake.

Hi Hemi!

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

Congratulations on being benzo free! I am sorry to hear you are struggling with withdrawal symptoms. Your topic suggests you have some issues with your head, what are those and are you having other symptoms as well? Unfortunately it’s very common to have symptoms several months after discontinuing benzo’s. It also sounds like you might be experiencing withdrawal from the Sertraline as well. The good news is that given time most people do heal. You’ve come to a great community with vast experience and knowledge that fully understands what you are going through.

I’ll leave you with these links to get you started:

For support on withdrawal symptoms you can post here: Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

The Ashton Manual

Four Phases of Withdrawal-Where Are You?

Please look around and start posting when you’re ready!