Enough!!

[OG...]

I've been on xanax going on 30 years... NEVER have abused them...    but sure can't just stop taking or ill die!!!  I want to stop

Hello OG Mom :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies

I am glad that you joined.  You are making a great decision and will get plenty of support here to help you through it.  Slow is the way to taper benzodiazepines. Being here among those who understand can make this journey a little easier.  Please feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads.

Tapering slow can help to minimize withdrawal effects.  It is generally recommended to taper no more than 5-10% every 10-14 days. This is a guideline and it is ok to adjust this schedule for your own comfort.

The Ashton Manual, is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s  have on our body.  It provides tapering and withdrawal information and includes a list of common symptoms 

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Planning Your Withdrawal (TaperPlans)

Xanax Support group

Please take time to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Hi OG Mom,

I have been taking Xanax for 17 years and am slowly tapering using Valium, but you can just taper from Xanax as well, there are multiple ways to get off of this evil drug slowly and without to much discomfort.  I mean, it's not going to be butterflies and roses all the time, but there are so many people on here who have done it and healed.  You are in the right place!