My benzo fears

[Le...]

Hi , I’ve been using lorazepam now for about 4 years and I realised how much of a problem it has become .I’m terrified of the withdrawals and looking for any support I can get .

Hello Lenny lurcher, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Benzodiazepines do begin to cause many of us problems and its not always clear its the culprit but once we begin to connect the dots it's enlightening.  We can help you taper off of the Lorazepam, we typically suggest reducing your dose by about 5-10% every couple of weeks depending on your symptoms, they should guide you so you can stay funcational.

I'll provide some resources and also some links to the forum so you can get suggestions from the other members but we're glad you found us, please let us know how we can help you.

Pamster

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

The Ashton Manual

Thanks for your patience, I’m in a very anxious state and I’m not finding this site easy to navigate .

I’ve heard that it’s best to move to Valium but they just don’t work .I’m terrified and at 66 I really don’t feel very strong .❤️❤️

No, thank you for your patience, I promise the site will get easier the more you use it.  ;)

Valium is the preferred method for those who are shorter acting benzo's like Xanax and Lorazepam but we have many members who taper directly from Lorazepam so you can do it.  As for Valium, it takes awhile for it to build up in your system so crossing to it has to be in stages to allow time for it to work properly but if you'd rather stick with your current medication, that's fine too.

Have you tried to reduce your dose in the past or have you been feeling odd symptoms?  Many people can discontinue these drugs with little to no problem, I'm trying to figure out if you're one of the lucky ones.

Pam is right Lenny. You have to give the valium enough time to build-up. It may not seem like it is working bc it is not high potency like klonopin, xanax, or ativan but it does work for most ppl.

Welcome to BB. :)