Taking Clonazepam

[Ro...]

I joined this forum to gain insight into tapering, as that's what I'm doing with Clonazepam, which I take daily, .5 mg A.M., .5 mg P.M.  I'm currently on .85 mg since I just started a dry-cut taper.  I plan on keeping the reductions between 5 and 10% and hold between 10 and 15 days.  I would stress being flexible and listening to our bodies along the way.

Hi Rocknroll!

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

Sounds like you’ve gained some valuable insight into tapering already. We usually suggest exactly what you’ve mentioned – a 5-10% reduction every two weeks or so depending on symptoms. How have your symptoms been since you started tapering and how long have been using Clonazepam? I'm sure you'll find lots of support and experience in our community.

I’ll leave you a couple of links to get you started:

The Ashton Manual

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Please look around and start posting when you’re ready!

jelly baby

:thumbsup:  So far it's been OK.  Have experienced a little light-headedness, some GI pain, and some adrenalin "burn" (anxiety).

I'm feeling my symptoms between doses (interdose withdrawal).  Question for you:  In your taper did you take your Clonazepam 1X per day or 2X?  Thinking ahead, when I'm down to .5 mg total per day, I'm wondering if I should take my .5 mg pill 1X in PM or split into .25 mg AM and .25 PM.  Any thoughts?

I'm glad you're managing your taper and symptoms are okay.

I dose only once a day but I don't have interdose withdrawal. I'm aware of many members on Clonazepam who dose twice a day due to interdose withdrawal. If you're uncomfortable you certainly can dose twice. It doesn't seem to hinder the tapering process.