As Prescribed Documentary Finally Airing on June 2nd!

[co...]

This is great news! Thank you so much for posting this information. We've been waiting for so long to see the finished product. Congratulations to the director, Holly Hardman!

For interested readers, here’s the description of the film:

“Xanax, Klonopin, Valium, Ativan – all belong to a class of drugs known as benzodiazepines (benzos). News and entertainment media portray them in terms of addiction and abuse or as innocuous medications that relax nerves. AS PRESCRIBED documents a strikingly different narrative, following eye-opening stories of invisible illness and disability. Boston-based survivor Geraldine Burns leads a grassroots army of “good patients” that help other victims and advocate tirelessly for benzodiazepine harm awareness. But resistance is strong. Geraldine and her cohorts are opposed by powerful forces that include pharmaceutical giants and a medical culture that has denied the problem for decades.”

For interested readers, here’s the description of the film:

“Xanax, Klonopin, Valium, Ativan – all belong to a class of drugs known as benzodiazepines (benzos). News and entertainment media portray them in terms of addiction and abuse or as innocuous medications that relax nerves. AS PRESCRIBED documents a strikingly different narrative, following eye-opening stories of invisible illness and disability. Boston-based survivor Geraldine Burns leads a grassroots army of “good patients” that help other victims and advocate tirelessly for benzodiazepine harm awareness. But resistance is strong. Geraldine and her cohorts are opposed by powerful forces that include pharmaceutical giants and a medical culture that has denied the problem for decades.”

Thanks for sharing the link Cooper and Thank you for this post Libertas!

Joeb

• 2 weeks later...

I can't view this film from my location here in Canada. Here's what the webpage now says:

"This content can only be viewed in authorized regions: Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York (Excludes NYC)."

If anyone actually does watch it, please come back and post a review!

I can't view this film from my location here in Canada. Here's what the webpage now says:

"This content can only be viewed in authorized regions: Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York (Excludes NYC)."

That's strange they have done that. I would have thought they'd want people everywhere to be watching and spreading the word

That's strange they have done that. I would have thought they'd want people everywhere to be watching and spreading the word

Exactly! I was so disappointed when I went back to that link and tried to watch it. Of course it should be available widely! I've been waiting to see this documentary for so many years -- since someone first posted the trailer for it all those years ago. I believe it was six-and-a-half years ago. I just found that original trailer, with a January 2016 date attached.