alprazolam & clonazepam short term nightmare

[pe...]

Hi my name is A, I have been on Clonazepam 0.5mg as needed for a year and start to take it more often in Feb/March for heavy anxiety. Alprazolam was prescribed in april after i had an epileptic type of reaction to something I ate. i took 9 of them over a 3 week period and began to have burning hot skin and nerve pain in the middle of the night when I didn’t take them. last time I used was .25 clonazepam (bc my dad urged me to stop my use of alprazolam immediately) and it stopped immediately. this was my cue that it may be my body addicted to the benzos. Been 6 days off and barely sleeping, feels like i will stop breathing in sleep so i wake up in a panic whenever i do doze off, skin still hurts and i’m going to neurologist this week for tests although i’m not sure what can be done for me if this is indeed a withdrawal. didn’t know addiction could start so quickly with these. so sad i took them.

Hi peace214 :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies

We are glad you are here. It doesn't take long for the body to become dependant. I am glad you have an appointment with a neurologist, it will give you peace of mind.    I am sorry this happened to you , it can happen after short use, Its recommended to taper these drugs slowly.    The withdrawal symptoms are temporary, it does get better but it takes some time.  Feel free to post to any of the dedicated boards, we have a wonderful community of people here, who will offer support and advice.

If you would care to read Prof Ashton’s manual, she describes and explains withdrawal symptoms.

I will leave a link to the Ashton manual here for you: Professor Ashtons Manual

Here is link to the support board

Post withdrawal recovery support board

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) to help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita