Author Topic: Suspected akathesia  (Read 436 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Suspected akathesia
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2022, 03:19:45 pm »
I have gone up to 1.25mg with no relief.

I am talking to my ME consultant on Wednesday and I hope he can recommend a different med to get rid of this but I think heíll say he doesnít know or put it down to anxiety. Itís not anxiety though.

I donít want to increase clonazepam any further but if I cannot find any other relief I may have to try it.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2022, 03:56:09 pm »
How long ago did you updose, it can take awhile for your body to fully realize the increase. 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2022, 02:04:33 pm »
About 2 or 3 weeks ago

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2022, 02:09:36 pm »
That should be long enough, still no relief?

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2022, 06:12:44 pm »
I feel slightly better today and yesterday but it could be because I started using an acupressure mat! Random I know but my mum had one and I randomly found it reduced this akathesia type sensation. Doesnít get rid of it, just reduces it if I keep using it a few times a day.

Will have to see if I continue to feel a bit better or not!

I also have a video consultation with my consultant tomorrow. Iím hoping he comes up with something and isnít dismissive.

Thanks for all your replies by the way. Appreciate it.

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2022, 07:11:54 pm »
I hope you can have a productive discussion with your consultant tomorrow and thanks for the info about the acupressure mat, I'll pass it along as a possible relief for akathisia, I'm assuming that's what it helped with or was it your anxiety?

I'm happy to talk to you, I wish I could be more helpful.