Benzo Belly

[...]

Just when I thought things couldn’t get worse now i look like I swallowed a basketball. As if not sleeping for 6 months so far isn’t bad enough let’s just add one more thing. The skin on my stomach actually hurts because it is being expanded so rapidly. Has anybody beat this symptom. What did you do? Is there a diet that can help eliminate this?

Yes indeed. I’ve not figured the magic diet but I’ve put on 20lbs with 2inches to waist. One of the only things I hold on to is the distorted body image issue and going easy on myself. I’m just over 5 months and I’m grateful the initial thousand deaths of withdrawal is over. Now my issue is getting dizzy to the point of losing my balance, benzo belly and dread oh and anger

I had to eat very bland foods. And like the same items. I had a list once of what helped me, but yeah the amount of gas bloating, nausea, vomiting.......was ridiculous. I pretty much ate the same things for 8 or 9 months, lol. 

I found eating raw ginger quite helpful when I had it. Peppermint might be another option. Peppermint works on GABA tho if you are sensitive to that sort of thing

I had to eat very bland foods. And like the same items. I had a list once of what helped me, but yeah the amount of gas bloating, nausea, vomiting.......was ridiculous. I pretty much ate the same things for 8 or 9 months, lol.

Southern Belle,  that's exactly what I have to do. I have to stick to my list of safe foods and even then I get the bloating sometimes. 

X Ray,

I am almost 1 year off all meds and I am still going through phases of intense bloating mixed with a little queasiness. It's very uncomfortable and makes me look pregnant. I think Southern Belle's approach to al limited diet is the best we an do.  Good luck! You're not alone with this.