Author Topic: Benzo Belly  (Read 180 times)

[Buddie]

Benzo Belly
« on: May 21, 2022, 11:51:48 pm »
Just when I thought things couldnít get worse now i look like I swallowed a basketball. As if not sleeping for 6 months so far isnít bad enough letís just add one more thing. The skin on my stomach actually hurts because it is being expanded so rapidly. Has anybody beat this symptom. What did you do? Is there a diet that can help eliminate this?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Benzo Belly
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2022, 02:00:33 am »
Yes indeed. Iíve not figured the magic diet but Iíve put on 20lbs with 2inches to waist. One of the only things I hold on to is the distorted body image issue and going easy on myself. Iím just over 5 months and Iím grateful the initial thousand deaths of withdrawal is over. Now my issue is getting dizzy to the point of losing my balance, benzo belly and dread oh and anger
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2022, 05:24:40 am »
I had to eat very bland foods. And like the same items. I had a list once of what helped me, but yeah the amount of gas bloating, nausea, vomiting.......was ridiculous. I pretty much ate the same things for 8 or 9 months, lol. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2022, 07:44:58 am »
I found eating raw ginger quite helpful when I had it. Peppermint might be another option. Peppermint works on GABA tho if you are sensitive to that sort of thing

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2022, 03:23:26 pm »
I had to eat very bland foods. And like the same items. I had a list once of what helped me, but yeah the amount of gas bloating, nausea, vomiting.......was ridiculous. I pretty much ate the same things for 8 or 9 months, lol.

[...] [...],  that's exactly what I have to do. I have to stick to my list of safe foods and even then I get the bloating sometimes. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2022, 03:25:01 pm »
X Ray,

I am almost 1 year off all meds and I am still going through phases of intense bloating mixed with a little queasiness. It's very uncomfortable and makes me look pregnant. I think [...] [...]'s approach to al limited diet is the best we an do.  Good luck! You're not alone with this.