Here for hope..for myself and others

[Gs...]

I've read posts on this site for a while now. Been on Clonazepam for 3 years + at .5 mg/night, down to .06 today. My experience has been light compared to a lot of what I've read here so I'm hoping others who read my story don't get as frightened as I was to start their taper. Or put it off because of the nightmare scenarios that may occur. Back in June of 2021 my body broke down and I was close to giving up. I couldn't walk, was bed-ridden from back pain, and addicted to years of Suboxone, Clonazepam, Gabapentin, and muscle relaxers. I'm free of everything but the Klon. This was the fight of my life. I saved the Klon for last and began tapering in March as I'd built it up to be the 1k pound gorilla....even though the Suboxone (buprenorphine) was a beast all unto itself. I cut half to .25 mg immediately and expected the worst. But literally felt nothing. So in very late March, after 3 weeks plus, I cut to .125 mg. I got hit, but not like so many others suffer through. 7 weeks of stomach issues, confusion, no energy, and chest/heart issues. But I evened out and pulled through. I cut to .06 last weekend and literally had one of the best weeks in recent memory. Up until yesterday, where more of the same symptoms hit me but nothing unmanageable. I'm SO looking forward to beating this. I plan on being at the .06 for another month or so, then going to .03 for a month, then jumping. I just wanted to be a voice to other's who are petrified to get off this stuff that sometimes (and I'm sure I'm just lucky) it's not always the worst. I usually get hit hard with this type of thing (the bupe was a monster) and was co-dependent on so many things, so I built it up in my head that the Klon taper was gonna take me out for years. While I'm not out of the woods completely, I'm fairly confident that I'll be able to be free of this crap sooner rather than later. I know from reading here and many other places that what I did was not safe for many people, but as I've read you have to go by what your body says. And mine told me what I was doing fine. Anyway, much love to all here fighting the good fight. Be kind to yourselves and others!

Hello Gspjam88, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

We're so glad you've joined, yes, we do need stories that aren't total nightmares which frighten people, there are so many who can get off of these drugs with little to no problems so we need to hear from everyone. 

You've battled and won many victories and now you've taken on your last foe, good for you.  I see good things in your future and wish you the best of luck going forward.  I'll provide a couple of links but it looks to me like you've got this.  :thumbsup:

Pamster

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

The Ashton Manual