Is my taper too quick?

[...]

:-\ After years of wrangling with benzos, I'm finally fully free of them now since a week. Started off with Nitrazepam, don't remember when. Then diazepam for a while, and then Xanax 2 mg for some years. Crossed over to Klonopin 4 mg. Tapered to 2 mg, 1.5, 1 mg, .5 mg, .25 mg and stopped. It IS quite rough on the mind and body but my doctor's given me 100 mg Zoloft daily to smoothen some of the symptoms. I can feel the changes happening inside, but I'd be doing myself a disservice if I again get these vile meds off of online pharmacies etc. I now know my personality is actually very mild-mannered and passive, benzos had turned me into an angry wreck. Hope I get over and succeed in the taper...I'm in the UK and the doctors here do not prescribe benzos on will.

You don't mention how long you took to taper from the Klonopin but at a week out, you're still very early in recovery which takes quite awhile for most of us.  I agree about the changes the benzo's cause, my personality changed too.

Oh I've been attempting the taper since Oct 2021.

You don't mention how long you took to taper from the Klonopin but at a week out, you're still very early in recovery which takes quite awhile for most of us.  I agree about the changes the benzo's cause, my personality changed too.

That's a rapid taper with some really big reductions but you have just as much chance at recovery as someone who tapered slowly so try to let time work it's magic and trust in your body's ability to heal itself.