Insomnia suddenly got lot worse 39 months off????

[le...]

My insomnia hasn’t been too bad throughout this, even though originally took zop for bad insomnia, been getting the odd night zero sleep, but most nights 4 or 5 hours. Been taking chamomile tablets and unisom some nights which seemed to help. But last week or so been really awful wake after couple hours then that’s it. Have taken odd rescue dose in past as hard to take with constant mental symptoms, plus last year had tremendous stress with family. I get plenty exercise, nothing changed anyone else found suddenly got worse for no reason. Only change is hay fever been really bad recently. Trying really hard not reach for a rescue dose , but insomnia makes anxiety ten times worse, just feel exhausted all the time.

Yes leann, im the same, about 3 hours broken last nighg and zero previous 2 nights. Dont know why, thought i was making some progress lately but wham feels like back to square 1. I also feel like taking a rescue dose but wont have the zop in my house for that reason. Ill just have to keep hoping that things will improbe again

Leann,

Yes, it somewhat common to have late insomnia "waves."  I had a month long one at 18 months off, another week long one at 32 months off a 1.5 month one at 53 months off and then another this past week... 2 zero nights Monday and Friday of last week.

They always even out.  Yours will too... :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...
What do you do when you have severe sleep onset insomnia where you literally will go for weeks like a zombie because you don’t get any Sleep at all? Will you just eventually pass out?

I never feel like a zombie , even after getting 15 hrs of sleep a week for the last 5 months.  I feel wired ALL the time, but the lack of sleep has now sent me into a pretty severe depression and now am considering going on ADs, something has to change

VC70

I take 50mg Trazodone a day. It helps my mood a lot since I have been dealing with insomnia. I DO feel like a Zombie with not a ton of sleep. Never had the wired feeling. I tried Paxil for depression and it helped a TON when I was not sleeping more than 2 hours a night BUT it made my insomnia worse so I had to go to Trazodone.

Good luck!

HeartMost,

I have a weird pattern... I will fall asleep easily at 10 or 10:30, but then wake 2 to 2.5 hrs later and not be able to fall back asleep.  I have a prescription for Traz (50-mg) and when I take it at night I still do the same, although haven't taken full 50 yet..  I'm thinking of taking it when I wake instead to see if it will get me back to sleep.  How long did it take to work for you?  Does it help for depression and sleep for you?  I read the doses for each are quite different.  Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Any progress here? I’m going through the sane thing ...I also was off everything for about a year .. just Restless legs for a few hours that I would take some kratom for ..

was doing great in life in all aspects then insomnia just started again . Months .. trying everything accept benzos . Some small z drug usage but it doesn’t even really help .

Lost my job amonth ago .