anyone got some really engrossing distraction techniques that worked for them?

[ni...]

I'm struggling to fill my day with things to do to take up my mind , experiencing physical and mental withdrawel. struggling to see people due to adrenalin surges. I am currently- gardening, painting and macrame and walking. Sitting around or lying isn't one I can do.

I took on yard projects, one in particular that was so overwhelming I gave myself anxiety but I figured out how to eat that elephant one bite at a time and it really helped me.  I couldn't sit or lay down either, and forget about watching TV or listening to music, impossible.

I took up cooking (I had gotten VERY lax in this area :-), walking, and crochet.  I really furthered my crochet skills in the last two years, I even made myself a sweater and a poncho, and now I am teaching myself how to knit.

Jigsaw puzzles, sudokus (had to start with very easy ones), and an addictive and popular mobile game.  I actually searched google play for popular games cause I just wanted something that would suck me in, and take my mind off of the withdrawal, and I also wanted to break the habit of just being on my phone to google horrible things about benzos or reading the news, as things things were just making me feel worse overall. 

• 3 weeks later...

Scrabble with a bot one on one. You can download the app from the Google play store. I also play in a foursome. Very engrossing. And of course, Wordle. It's great, but alas, too short.

I also did a lot of painting. Of the home improvement kind, not artistic painting.

Katz