Author Topic: Big jump from Clonazepam to Diazepam ( long, but important intro )  (Read 219 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Big jump from Clonazepam to Diazepam ( long, but important intro )
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2022, 12:54:53 pm »
[...], there are several issues when letting benzos go and like I mentioned, staying functional coupled with keeping withdrawl symptoms manageable are of course important.  It is hard to keep the taper momentum up when one can't tolerate the withdrawl symptoms they are experiencing.

But, even more important that those two things is safety.  You are on a very large dose of clonazepam and dropping your dose drastically either by dropping the clonazepam dose or switching to a dose of diazepam that is too low is not safe.  I strongly encourage you to read the Ashton Manual if you have not already.  It suggests 5-10% reductions in dose every two weeks or so (even lower if necessary) for both safety and comfort purposes.  Here is the link to the manual:

The Ashton Manual

Thanks alot, again. :) I must admit that I haven`t read the Ashton manual, but I will do that today. I have heard people talking much about it, but after reading so many stories etc, on different forums, I realized the best way was to find my own way. But this was before I found this site though. And I really that you are helping me.

Today I was at the gym and worked out very hard. That feels so good. The worst thing is sitting in the apartment trying to sort out all my problems on my own. And I am very glad I found this site. So, today the Ashton Manual is on the agenda. :)

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Big jump from Clonazepam to Diazepam ( long, but important intro )
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2022, 01:09:32 pm »
My hope is you'll give the Valium time to build up in your system as you reduce the Clonazepam, going too quickly will leave you without coverage while making the transition.  I believe you're aiming for too low of a dose with the Valium, I understand there is a huge difference in suggested doses with the various calculators so why not shoot for the middle?

I feel tapering the Imovane first would be a better plan, the half life is so short it could be causing you interdose withdrawal.  I experienced this with Ambien when I became tolerant to it.

Thanks alot for your reply :) Interesting, as Imovane has never been mentioned before, in general. Or, in hospitals I have heard that if you are on very high doses of other benzos, you won`t feel the effect of Imovane. But then again, this is a ocean of theories. I see your point though. But the situation as it is right now, is that I am quitting Seroquel today ( I have tapered from 100 mg depot to 25 mg ), so it is a very low dose. Yesterday I took my last piece of Zoloft, after tapering it for 2-3 weeks ( I haven`t been on it for more then a month or so ). Zoloft, this so called anti-depressant, made my girlfriend depressed  :laugh: No further details needed there, I think. :) And I don`t think it would have had a big effect on me, when using so much benzo anyway.

So, I absolutely hear your advice, but I think Imovane must go last. Or at least later in the process. My sleep is extremely important to me, and quitting Seroquel tonight, is one of the reasons I trained so hard today. That increases my sleep-quality so much.

I think I will just continue taper slowly on the clonazepam, and read the Ashton manual, train and see the whole thing as a cleansing of the body.

I get the point in general. If you use much time to climb up to a mountain top, and realize that there`s nothing on the top, you don`t just jump back down. You climb back down slowly. I get it. :)

I`ll keep you updated.

Thanks to all of you  :)
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.